Friday 14 April 2017

21 two-fer

Hi Bloggers.

My son, Nathan, is 21 today. I've made 2 simple cards for him and I thought I'd share them here today.

Purple is Nathan's favourite colour. Here's the first card -

For the background, I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with water and sprinkled CS Pixie Powders in Purple Violet and Aubergine Dream over. Once dry, I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and stamped the Woodware Turned 21 Stamp using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares Set B. I cut a mat out of Black Card using the next sized die in the set and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

You could add some embellishments such as Small Black Circle Dazzlers to the corners, some ribbon and maybe use a Quickie Glue Pen and add some glitter but as this is for Nathan, I decided to leave it plain.

Here's the second card -

As you can see, this is an easel card. I've used Coconut White and Black Card and a paper from Phill Martin's Chalkboard Essentials 8 x 8 Paper Pad. I've used the 21 today sentiment from Phill's Chalkboad Essentials Milestone Birthday's Stamp Set which I stamped using Jet Black Archival. I've used Sue's Fiji Die Sethttps://www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk/Phill-Martin-Chalkboard-Essentials-8-x-8-Paper-Pad-p/sycbepp.htm to cut it out and for the layers behind it. I've stamped the sentiment from Phill's Chalkboard Essentials Birthday Collection Stamp Set for the stopper. I cut it out using Sue's Jessica Die Set. I used Frosted Jade Colour Cloud to add a little colour to the die cuts.

The brand new release of Woodware Stamps designed by Francoise Read and Jane Gill are in stock now and loaded onto my website. You can find them here (the newest ones are at the top of the page marked NEW). There are still some of the February Release that haven't been to Hochanda yet - that will be rectified on 9th May. Here's a few of the new release (just to tempt you, lol) -













Don't forget that Sue Wilson is doing her Blog Launch of her new release of dies at the moment. You can see her Blog here. Dies are available on my website here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (14th April) - D
esigns by John Lockwood - Peony Elements Stamp Set only £7.99!


32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A very Happy Birthday to Nathan,
    Two very nice cards.
    Have a very Happy Easter and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, wish Nathan a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY from everyone. Love the cards you made him the first one is really special I love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, happy birthday to your Nathan, and what lovely cards you have made for him, love the purple one.

    I also like the new woodware stamps, looks like I will have to order some of these.

    Happy Easter

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Two lovely great birthday cards for Nathan.Special wishes for him today.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Nathan on his 21st. The cards you made are stunning and the first one especially is great for a male. Purple is also my favourite colour, so I am very drawn to that.
    Hope you have a lovely, relaxing Easter weekend and enjoy the celebrations with Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Julia. Happy 21st Birthday Nathan.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Two great cards, happy birthday Nathan!
    Super new Woodware stamps.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards. Happy birthday to Nathan.

    We used some of those new Woodware stamps you are showing at the M&T last weekend at the Ally Pally, they were much appreciated by those of all ages.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Nathan enjoy your day
    Two lovely cards I like the pixie powder background from the first one and the die and number stamp from the second one.
    The new stamps look fun I bought an owl one at ally pally I look forward to using it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN I live both cards I think my favourite is the 1st one I love that bold stamp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two brilliant cards & some lovely stamps from Woodware.

    Hope your son has a great birthday.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 21st to Nathan and love the cards you have me for him. I am also liking the look of the new stamps, especially the (not so) little fairy house. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia.
    Happy 21st Birthday to Nathan hope you have a fab day.
    Both cards are gorgeous Julia, but for a male the first one is my favourite.
    Great stamps, there are a few that I really really like
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, and a very happy birthday to your son, and Im with him Purple is my favourite colour as it was my mum and my eldest daughter, we have such good taste dont you think. Love the new stamps and Im sure you will do them justice as they look such fun. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY NATHAN !!
    Two fab cards you have made for him, and I'm with him on the favourite colour, shades of purple are my favourites too.
    I'm loving the fairy-themed new stamps.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, especially the first one. Just love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia your cards for Nathan are stunning. I hope that he has a wonderful birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the simplicity's. Hope Nathan has a happy day.
    The Woodward stamps look good.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, both these 21st cards are brilliant, love the colour and design on Nathans. And those stamps are great, will take another look later. Happy 21st Nathan, have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like them both, Julia but my favourite is the first - ideal for a boy/man !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia,
    Happy Birthday to Nathan, hope he enjoys his day.
    Love both cards.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two beautiful card Julia, do like the first one as I love purple...Congratulations to your son on his 21st....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two beautiful cars Julia, the 1st one looks so special,
    Have a lovely Easter .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two lovely cards Julia. My favourite is the first knew - my favourite colour. Like all the new Woodware stamps so my wish list is getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful cards julia x wishing Nathan a happy birthday x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to Nathan, i hope he has had a wonderful
    Birthday.
    Julia both these cards are fab and just perfect.
    I definately have that stamp on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope you're having a great day with your son. Two lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia.

    Great Cards. I love the background of this card and a great stamp. I think it is just right especially as a male Card. I like your second card also, great paper and dies. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia Two lovely cards very difficult to choose a favourite.
    Hope your son has had a wonderful birthday

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia

    Belated 21st greetings to Nathan

    I love both cards, the first one especially

    June x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!