Friday 10 February 2017

Friday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's Sneak Peek (another two-fer) mainly featuring the Woodware Into the Woods Stamp Set designed by Jane Gill and the Woodware Old Letter Stamp designed by Francoise Read.

For the background, I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with water and sprinkled Aubergine Dream Pixie Powder. Once dry, I stamped the Woodware Old Letter Stamp using Jet Black Archival. I made sure it was 100% dry and dusted with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the Woodware Into the Woods stamp using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I matted onto Black Card and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I stamped the sentiment which comes in the Into the Woods onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival and cut out using die #1 from Sue Wilson's Classic Adorned Rectangles Die Set. I cut #2 from the same set out of Black Card. I glued these 2 die cuts together and popped them inside my card. I stamped one of the stamps from the Woodware Small Fennel Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival.

Here's your 2nd card -

For the background, I spritzed a piece of Coconut White Card with water. I sprinkled over Straw Yellow and Burnt Orange Pixie Powders. While still wet, I moved the powders over the card using a Brush to create a wash. Once dry, I stamped the Woodware Old Letter Stamp using Chic Pumpkin Colour Cloud applied using a Smoothie. I also stamped the Woodware Splatters stamp using Chic Pumpkin (although my stamp still had some Sienna Archival on it so it came out a bit darker - happy accident!). I made sure it was 100% dry and then stamped the Into the Woods Stamp using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using die#4 from Sue's Classic Adorned Rectangles Die Set. I drew around the same die onto a piece of Black Card and cut it out using scossors to create a faux mat.

I dusted a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag. I added Clear Perfect Medium to a Brayer and used it to ink up the #5 die in the same set. I popped this onto the dusted side of my card with the #6 die from the set and ran it through my Spellbinders Platinum Machine. The ink transferred to the deboss design. I added CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I drew around the #6 die in the set onto Black Card and cut it out using scissors to create a faux mat. I popped this onto Coconut White Card, then Black Card and then onto a Coconut White Card blank. I popped an 8mm Black Pearl into the corners.

I stamped the sentiment that is with the Into the Woods stamp onto a scrap of my background using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Powder. I cut it out using die #1 from the same set and die#2 out of Black Card.

Hope you've enjoyed this sneak peek - there'll more another tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (10th February) - Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Blossom Small Rectangle Frame 'Special Friend' only £2.99!

34 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Julia. Just the style I like. Must have a go with stamping over pixie powders and I've thought for a while that I need black embossing powder. The gold I use a lot.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, both these cards are just gorgeous, love the stamping and the backgrounds. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, two beautiful cards and I like the small fennel stamp you have used in the inside.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two stunning cards they look so different I like them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    Lovely cards for the Friday twofer today.
    The first one is my favourite.
    Thank you for sharing Woodware stamps with us Crafters.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards-love the colours on the second one.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's cards are gorgeous both of them. The stamps are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, stunning cards today, I only have a few woodware stamps but they are so beautifully made, looks like I should get some more.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    Two great cards, I love both. The stamp is beautiful, really looking forward to your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. More lovely cards. Love Woodware stamps. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous I love that stamp I have the technology to do the letter pressing with PM and embossing powder and forget to try it Must put it on my "must try" list

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, Two gorgeous cards, I love the old letter script stamp, it looks so effective on your pixie powder background, and the into the woods stamp looks absolutely fabulous. I love both colour themes.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Julia Two lovely cards I love the stamped image what a great idea stamping over pixie powder I will have to give that a go it's so effective

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    Two gorgeous card, I love them both.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards Julia, these stamps are beautiful.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia

    Gorgeous cards and amazing how changing the colour of the background will give a totally new look! I love the colour combo of the second card, so gorgeous

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Julia those cards are just stunning and such clever ideas to create the background and the diecuts. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. More fabulous cards, Julia. Looking forward to the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia Looking forward to your shows.Lovely cards such great ideas you always share.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see these stamps on Sunday. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab, great work Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  24. The backgrounds make these two cards - really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards and a beautiful stamp love how you have used these, this is what you do so well Julia. Thank you for all you share.
    jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards Julia- all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two beautiful cards Julia. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both cards are lovely.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Julia these are both fab, I think the second one is my favourite.
    I love how you have embossed the pattern from the die in the gold around the edge.
    I never thought of doing that but must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards julia x really enjoying these sneek peeks and looking forward to your shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two lovely cards Julia. Love the vibrancy of the aubergine and black one especially x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two gorgeous cards Julia, love their backgrounds and the stamp used.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!