Monday 2 January 2017

With Love and Best Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by spritzing a piece of Watercolour Card with water. I then added CS Pixie Powders in Burnt Orange and Straw Yellow and put aside to dry.

I cut the largest die in Sue Wilson's Swirly Vine Background Die Set together with a die from Sue's Double Pierced Squares Set B out of Coconut White Card. I glued this to a square of my PP Background Card.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Double Pierced Squares and mounted it onto a piece of Coconut White Card cut slightly larger. glued the Swirling Vine Background piece into the aperture.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using die #2 from Sue's Bora Bora Die Set. I cut dies #3 and #4 together out of Coconut White Card and also dies#5 and #6. I cut die #6 and die #6 out of my PP Background Card. I glued and stacked and added them to the centre of the Swirling Vine Background. I added a 5mm White Pearl to the corners of the background that were peeking out from behind my topper.

I made to flower corners from Coconut White Card and my PP Background Card using Sue's Star Flower Cluster Die Set. I added a 3mm White Pearl to the centre of each flower.


I finished my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to the corners of my frame and I added another Coconut White Card mat.

John Lockwood is continuing with his One Day Special today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on the few products I have in stock on my website here. Offer is valid till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on December 30th is ..............

foxyg

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (2nd January) -  Sue Wilson Charming Lace Trim only £3.99!
 
 


42 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this is a gorgeous card love the delicacie look of it, the star flower cluster die looks amazing. Congratulations foxyg well done.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Happy New year to you
    what a great start of the year this card is stunning thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry I forgot to congratulate Foxyg,have fun and it will be a lovely card Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Simply Gorgeous.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love card, the Bora Bora die is on my wish list.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. Need to get the pixie powders out. Again this week and create a few backgrounds.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Julia, love those pixie powders.
    Congratulations to foxyg
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the background.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    A beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous card. I had the Bora Bora and Swirly Vine dies for Christmas so must try a version of this card. Feeling inspired!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Congrats to Foxyg

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card Julia colours so preety
    Congrats to the winner
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours of PP you have chosen These Spring/Summery/ warm colours are on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card Julia. The colours are great. Happy New Year to you. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I do love the colours. Congratulations to the winner. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favourite colours used with the pixie powders Julia, simply stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pixie colours used, love the whole creation. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Julia that is certainly one stunning card and the layers and details youve put into it must have taken you some time. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Julia. Love the pp background.
    Lucky me, winning the freebie Friday. Thank you Julia. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another bright and cheerful card proving the gorgeousness of pixie powdered backgrounds.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Julia love the colours x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia, A very pretty card, I love it !!
    I've been having internet problems again, it's an absolute pain when it doesn't work haha.
    Congratulations to foxyg.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia,#Lovely card, I really must invest in some more pixie powders.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia

    Ohh, I love this card! The vibrant colours really are gorgeous as are the finishing touches

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning Julia, a lovely summery and lovely card, the vibrant warm colours really made me smile. Well done foxyg on winning the card. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning Julia
    A gorgeous card this morning really brightens you up thank you Julia a great start for New Year
    jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card julia.
    Congrats to foxyg.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I think this is a real Wow Card, so bright and cheery on a cold day. The dies are great, your p p card is lovely and I really like the layout. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations foxyg.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card, Julia. Happy New Year X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another lovely card Julia, I love how you use pixie powders. Happy New Year. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just one amazingly beautiful card today Julia, just the sort of card I need to be making for someone special, will have to keep it in mind....thank you so very much...I love it...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Julia,
    Sorry been missing again but had visitors so just trying to catch up! A lovely card today and yesterday . I'm going to have a Pixie Powder session very soon!
    Happy New Year Julia! Many thanks for all your hard work in 2016.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card today. Love those Pixie Powders!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this card Julia. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.

    Karen H x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia
    Wishing you a very happy & crafty new year.
    Love todays card, beautiful bright colours & the design elements are stunning, love it....

    Crafty Hugs

    Haze T (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Julia, lovely card today!

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely card today Julia. I do have the Bora Bora die.

    ReplyDelete
  39. OH WOW Julia, this is truly gorgeous, i love the dies and how you have layered them and the background is such a beautiful burst of fabulous colour.
    This is definately one of my favorites.
    I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful julia x lovely warm summery card x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card Julia. Your background is stunning and the dies you've chosen have produced a fabulous card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card, love those pixie powder designs.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!