Sunday 7 August 2016

Beach Day

Hi Bloggers.

Today I have an 8 x 8 Scrapbook Page made using the DCWV Stencils DIY Project Stack.

The photo I've used is from about 15 years ago (shh! don't tell my kids). I found it on my desk and picked the backing paper from the stack to co-ordinate with the colour of Kathryn's swimming costume.

I removed the stencils from the stack and chose one of the frames. I secured it to my paper using Low Tack Tape and spread Phill Martin CS New Gold Sparkle Texture Paste through the stencil. I removed the stencil and put the paper aside to dry (approx 2 hours). The stencil cleans up easily under the tap.

While the Texture Paste was drying, I stamped the shells, seahorse and starfish from the Justrite At the Beach Stamp Set onto a piece of Kraft Card (from the stack) using the Ground Espresso Archival Ink from the Distress Permanent Mixed Media Ink Palette. I cut them all out using Justrite At the Beach Dies. I also cut the 'Beach Day' title out of Kraft Card using the same die set.



Once the Texture Paste was dry, I stamped the foliage stamp from the At the Beach Stamp Set in 2 of the corners of my background paper using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I inked around the edges of the background piece with Frayed Burlap using a Smoothie. I also used 2 more stencils from the stack and inked through them as shown.




I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Ground Espresso Archival.
I matted by background onto Kraft Card. I matted my photo onto Kraft Card too (I used DS Tape rather than CS Glue on this occasion).



Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (7th August) - Sue Wilson Auriga Gemini Die Set only £6.99!


28 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    The kids don't like it when you dig out the old photos! They are always taking new ones on their phones. Love the page.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, lovely card today, the kids will be very proud of this card it is a great idea.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Julia, one for your archives!

    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a fabulous holiday page though the kids won't think so and a wonderful sentiment.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    Thank you just brilliant and a lovely photo.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A great scrapbook page.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Lovely scrapbook page. Watch out your children don't do one of you !!!!
    Colours and sentiments go very well together.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia. A great scrapbook page in great colours. Love it. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Julia I love finding old photoes this ones a beauty
    Thank you Julia
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia this is a gorgeous scrapbook page. I love the design and the photograph is beautiful. It must bring back happy memories. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely scrapbook page, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Unusual post from you today, love your page.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful scrapbook page Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia, that is such a fabulous scrapbook page and the way youve designed it shows it of so well and Im sure your kids will forgive you for using it. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shhh i wont tell Julia , gorgeous ,gorgeous layout .

    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good to have scrapbook layout ideas too. Thanks Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely layout, sentiment and way to use a family photo.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    Lovely display of a happy day.... your kids will never forgive you lol

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Great layout, I don't personally Scrapbook but the ideas and techniques are still very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely scrapbook page Julia. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely page Julia and I'm sure the kids won't mind at all

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, A lovely layout.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Lovely scrapbook page and the sentiment brought a lump to my throat.......beautiful.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, A lovely layout.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, such a great layout. Fabulous Holiday memories with Kathryn and Nathan. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never been into scrap booking but it is nice to card making techniques used to produce great pages like this one.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely scrapbook layout julia x its beautiful x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!