Wednesday 17 December 2014

Take Care

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started by spritzing a piece of Coconut White Card with Phill Martin's Graceful Lilac Ink Spray Mist. Once dry I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Art Deco Fanfare Embossing Folder and rubbed Graceful Lilac Gilding Wax all over the embossed design. I left it to dry and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe. I wrapped a piece of White Crochet Ribbon around the bottom section.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Enjoy the Day Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Graceful Lilac Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Asian Motifs and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set, again using Perfect Medium and embossed with Graceful Lilac Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels 4. I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Asian Motifs Die Set out of Coconut White Card and rubbed Graceful Lilac Gilding Wax over it.

I cut one of the smaller dies from the Asian Motifs Die Set out of Coconut White Card, inking through the die with Dusty Concord on each one. I added them to the Crochet Ribbon border. I popped a Small Circle Dazzler in the centre of each one.

I assembled the card as shown adding another couple of Small Circle Dazzlers to the top 2 corners and some dots of Graceful Lilac PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a very pretty card. I love Sue's dies but it is nice to see some of the old favorites again. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, a lovely and very feminine card, love the colour. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    A stunning card with Phill's Graceful Lilac - gorgeous!
    I'm going to try this background it's lovely.
    Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Julia and I am definitely going to try and do a similar one xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,

    Great card and use of small dies. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card today. It's great to see older dies used as we all have so many of them, thanks.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous you have used one of my favourite colours. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia and all crafters, another gorgeous card today, love it.

    Have a great day everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour And it's great to see "older" dies being used Not all of us can afford to keep buying the latest ones

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, a beautiful card love these colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia
    Another beautiful card - where do you get these ideas from - just stunning
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia your card is lovely thank you love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, gorgeous colours and a stunning background. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia this card is absolutely beautiful well done Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julia . Beautiful card, love the background.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia

    What a gorgeous colour and card. The deco folder is one of my favourites.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Lovely, my fav colour again. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, lovely card. Like the EF will have to look for that
    Have a nice evening Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, A beautiful card, this is one of my favourite embossing folders, I use it a lot.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and the sentiment is just what i need to do xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia, Beautiful card. love the deco embossing folder and the fab colour.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning colours today Julia. I just love seeing the cards you make for us on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    Yet another stunning card today & love the beautiful Lilac colour, very feminine & pretty.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!