Wednesday 28 May 2014

Shimmer Paint - a few ideas

Hi Bloggers.

This card was a demo last Thursday and it includes a few different ways to use Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paints.

I started with changing the colour of my White Crochet Ribbon. I popped a little Topaz Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint onto my Craft Sheet. I picked some up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and dragged it over the ribbon. I repeated this until the entire length was covered and did the same on the other side of the ribbon as I wanted to use it for bow so needed to make sure that no white was showing.

I 'inked' up the Justrite Moroccan Lattice Background with the Topaz Paint using Cut n Dry Foam and stamped on the right hand side of a piece of Coconut White Card. I inked the very edges of the card with the Topaz Paint using Cut n Dry Foam.

For the left-hand background panel, I used a piece of Custard Card. I popped a little Topaz Paint onto my Craft Sheet. Using a natual spronge, I sponged some paint onto the Custard Card. I repeated the process with Harvest Gold Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint and then with Warm White Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paint.

I stamped the image from the Taylored Expressions Stargazer Lily Bouquet Stamp Set using Topaz Paint. I cut it out using Spellbinders Majestic Circles and inked through the die with Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I cut one of Sue's Decorative Frames from the Italian Collection out of Custard Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Taylored Expressions Teacup Bouquet using the Topaz Paint. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Devine Eleoquence Die Set and inked through the die with Scattered Straw.

I wrapped a piece of the painted Crochet Ribbon around the join in the backgrounds. I tied a bow with the rest and added a White Crystal Sparkler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Cosmic Pearl around the edges.

Phill Martin is on Create & Craft today with some more new stamps from his Sentimentally Yours stamp range. I believe the times are 10am and 1pm but do check the schedule.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

37 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, absolutely stunning card, loved watching you demo this one. Thanks for sharing. Lol lynne m x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. Love the ribbon!
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you lovely card , take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, what a gorgeous vibrant card to brighten a dull rainy morning. Love the sponged background. Take care, hope the prepping for your shows is going well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, A lovely bright and cheerful card today, it has lifted my spirits on this damp and soggy day. I'm especially loving the 'sponging' it reminds me of when I tried it on my wall haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    WOW this is a pop of bright colour on such a dismal day. Thank you for showing this card again. I remember the demo and it certainly gives a few techniques! Thank you for showing it again it's lovely.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, love the way you have stamped with the natural sponge it looks awesome!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, lovely card, my stamps and paints all arrived yesterday so I have everything to make this card now! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too enjoyed your demo on TV, lovely card. Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Love todays great card : ) The colours are lovely and cheerful and the Moroccan Lattice Background looks stunning in topaz! : ) I hope to watch Phil shows today : ) I hope your prep is going well : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Thank you for all the tips for using the paint. I will try to watch Phil today. Enjoy your day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, Julia. Fabulous background, love the colour!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia lovely bright and zingy background and the natural sponge effect is really good. Saw the demo on this so thanks for showingx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia , love this card, so bright and fresh. Stunning colour x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Julia. A bright and zingy card today, to cheer us up on a wet, and gloomy day!!! The sponging technique is so effective. I love this card!!!
    Have a good day. Love and hugs. Hilary xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Julia, I love the colours and the background stamp is on my wish list
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia I loved this card when you demoed it one of my favourites thank you Julia love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, lovely card and colour and I just love the background stamp . love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, great colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bright and cheerful on a grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous colour and design Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card Julia. Love the way you used the sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,

    Pretty summer colours you've used in this card, shame the weather is not the same.

    Lovely, pretty card. X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia, although the colour is not my favourite - but we cant all like the same thing of course. Love the idea of changing the colour of the ribbon but have yet to get some of the paint to play with :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card today Julia love the background too
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Julia.. Again. You are so talented Crafty Regards Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning Julia, a stunning card really like this stamp but I think I would like it better
    in the Blues but like you there is a lot of people who like bright colours. Tried to leave a comment yesterday but it just wouldn't go another lovely card.
    Nancydxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is stunning Julia, so love the colours and what you have done with the paints.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I watched you do this demo Julia - such a gorgeous card. The colours are really pretty and it has a lovely background. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Evening Julia
    Stunning, and another fabulous background - definitely your trademark.
    I love it.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another lovely card I bought some of the paints from you at Ally Pally and not used them so it's great to be reminded of some of the uses for it

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,
    Love all the techniques and the card style but the colour is just not for me, sorry! However as you often say - it can be done in any colour! The sponging took me back! Lol.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  33. A beautiful card in the most gorgeous shades.x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia. Very nearly missed this one, which would have been a shame as I think it's a lovely colour and very summery. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the colours they are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is beautiful Julia. Such a cheerful card x

    ReplyDelete
  37. One of many of your lovely cards. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!