Wednesday 15 November 2017

Woven 3 Die Christmas Card

Hi Bloggers.

I have a Christmas Card with a woven background for you today.

For the weave on this one, I cut the Classic Weaving Die out of Milk Card, I cut the Intermediate Weaving Die out of Rich Red Card and the Striped Weaving Die out of Antique Gold Pearl Card. I cut the Red and the Gold die cuts in half lengthways. I then glued the 2 Red pieces together offsetting them to fill in the gaps. I cut them into pieces that were 2 strips wide. I also glued the 2 Gold pieces together offsetting them to fill in the gaps. I cut them into pieces that were 4 strips wide.

4 strips of a Striped die cut = the width of 1 Classic and 2 strips of an Intermediate die cut = the width of 1 Classic. So, here, we basically have a 1 x 1 Classic weave in terms of how quick and easy it is.

As you can see, I have woven 2 strips of Red Intermediate through the Milk Classic then 4 strips of Gold Striped through and so on until my weave was complete.

I made a frame out of Milk Card using Sue Wilson's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B and added it to my woven background using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto Milk, Rich Red, Antique Gold Pearl and another piece of Milk Card.

I cut the sentiment out of Rich Red and Antique Gold Pearl Card using Lisa Horton's Christmas Wishes Die Set.

I cut the Poinsettia Cluster Die Set out of Rich Red and Antique Gold Pearl Card and added a 5mm Cream Pearl to the centre of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

25 comments:

  1. Wow Julia what a fantastic weave I love the mix and the colours are lovely together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, oh this is beautiful, I so love your weaving samples.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Your weaving background cards always amaze me they are so beautiful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the woven background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Great card. Love the weaving effect. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia x the weaving is fantastic and love the colours x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. I love the woven backgrounds and have treated myself to the intermediate die so I can have a go.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Hopefully I can get some weaving done this week ready for my Christmas cards which I haven't even started yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, hope you are having an enjoyable time.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia. Beautiful card this morning . You are so brilliant at weaved cards. Hope you having a wonderful break beading away.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. I hope you are having a wonderful time away. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I love the weave and colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,
    Lovely Christmas card. Love the woven background and the color palette. Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. My favorite dies and all three in play on this lovely card. The card is over the top beautiful.
    Thank you for the inspiration,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Julia, great weave and colour combination
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia and gorgeous colours .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow stunning, will definitely use this idea on some of my Christmas cards...thank you Julia....love the colours...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, A beautiful card, lovely colours and a gorgeous 'weave'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Julia and love the colours. Thank youforsharingthis.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another lovely weave Gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia Lovely card you always make such fab weaving cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia, such a different woven background. Great for Christmas cards in this colour combo. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!