Monday 13 November 2017

Geometric 2 x 2 Intermediate Weave

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the weave, I cut the Intermediate Weaving Die out of Coconut White Card twice and out of Sky Blue Card twice. I glued a Sky Blue die cut on top of a Coconut White one, offsetting it to fill in the gaps. I did the same with the other pair of die cuts. I cut one of the die cuts into pieces 2 strips wide and wove through the other under 2 strips, over 2, under 2 and so on to the end. I continued with my weave ensuring that the pairs that I wove through stayed in the correct order i.e. always blue then white.
I made a frame using the Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B and added it to my weave using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto Coconut White, then Sky Blue and another piece of Coconut White Card.

I cut a Stitched Flag out of Coconut White Card and the sentiment from the Celebrations Shadow Box out of Sky Blue Card.

I cut my flowers and leaves out of Coconut White and Sky Blue Card using the Pinwheel Flower Die Set. I added an 8mm White Pearl to the centre of each flower.

Lisa Horton has shows on Hochanda today at 8am, 11am and 2pm with some 3D Paper Cuts Dies. I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows on my website. You can find them here. Enter PAPERCUTS in the discount code box at checkout to activate your discount. Offer applies till midnight tonight.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 10th November is.................................

ursula

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

I'm off to Norfolk today on a little beading holiday. I will be back on Friday. This means that no orders will be posted out until the weekend. Special order items will take a little longer. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

29 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    WOW what a wonderful weave for the background, so clever.
    Beautiful card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great weave Julia. Have a fantastic break you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia. A WOW card this morning . I love the sky blue card. Hope you have a wonderful holiday Beading .
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card-love the colours.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

  5. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful card. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and like your colour selection. Hope you have a productive, relaxing holiday.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia, great card and a beautiful weave.
    Enjoy your break on your beading holiday
    Congratulations to Ursula
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, I love the woven backgrounds.
    Have a great beading break and don't forget to show us your creations even if they are still a work in progress.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, what a gorgeous card this is today, love the way you have done the weaving like that, what a great effect it gives.

    Congratulations to Ursula

    Enjoy your beading week

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another glorious weave Have a lovely holiday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Another fantastic weave card. Have a good break.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this "wedgewood" colour combination. A great card, Julia. Enjoy your holiday.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Julia you know how I love your weaving the colours are brill thank you enjoy your break
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes yes yes, love it, weaving my favourite...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. The weaving dies are amazing and the flowers are so pretty. Enjoy the beading holiday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Ursula. Gorgeous card today Julia. Thank you. Enjoy your beading break.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love this weave, it will look great in so many colour combinations. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you have fun on your beading holiday.

    Congratulations ursula.

    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card and beautiful colours Julia.
    Well done to Ursula.
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Do like this pinwheel die set.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty card Julia

    My card arrived and I love it, thank you!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. Love the background and the pinwheel die set.
    Congratulations Ursula!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, A really beautiful card, I love the 'look' of this weave.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia wow a beautiful weaving card I love it!
    Congratulations to Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty card Julia x lovely colours and fantastic weaving x have a fun time beading x
    Congratulations ursula x
    Theresa w

    ReplyDelete
  25. Evening Julia. Beautiful weaving card. Gorgeous flowers too.
    Congratulations to Ursula and enjoy your beading holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, love the weaving card, You are the star making them up. Have a nice time in Norfolk.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite...the weaving die cards. You always ace them. I love the flowers on this card as well. A perfect ten card.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, just catching up as have been away for work. Lovely card, such a great sentiment die too. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!