Tuesday 14 November 2017

Elegant Congrats Card

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started my cutting die #2 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set out of Coconut White Card to get my square piece of card. I removed the die and added die #1 from the set and cut. I matted onto Silver Mirror Card.

I cut one of the dies from the Ecliptic Edger die set out of Coconut White Card 4 times and glued it to the back of the SIlver Mirror Card to frame my background.

I matted onto Coconut White, then Silver Mirror and then another piece of Coconut White Card.

I cut the elements from the Make a Cake Die Set out of Coconut White Card and Silver Mirror Card. I coloured the candles using Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Markers. The decorative trim on the cake has been cut from a 3rd generation print of Shaving Foam with Bluebell, Rose Pink and Citrus Lime CS Intense Pigment Stains.

I cut the letters for my sentiment out of Coconut White Card using the Alphabet Grid Die. I cut a banner out of Silver Mirror Card using the Stitched Flags Die Set. There isn't actually a die the right size with a 'V' at both ends but it's easy to extend a die by making sure that you don't run the rollers of the machine over the straight edge at the end of the die - stop rolling just short of the edge. Take the die off the card, turn it around and re-seat it to the length you want. Cut again, stopping just before the straight edge again.

I cut my leaves and flowers out of Coconut White Card and more of my 3rd generation shaving foam background using the Pinwheel Floral Die Set. I added a small dazzler from the Silver Pack to the centre of my flowers.

I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to the corners.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, stunning card today, love it. Hope you are enjoying your beading.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia

    You and Sue both going for the cool cards today which are lovely. The pale green icing makes a nice change from pink and blue I think. Very lovely card indeed also great use of shaving foam leftovers. They are the only bits of card I don't save at the moment. I always think I won't use them for anything but you have now got me saving those as well LOL! Thanks for that :)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love this beautiful card.The Ecliptic edging die is gorgeous.
    Have a good day.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the edger die you have used.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julia, love the edger die, very effective.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Julia, love the edger die

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Beautiful card. Isn't it funny how some dies are must haves and for me it's the Stitched Square Peg Board but I can't explain why, I just love it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Julia the edger is brill thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Julia. WOW card this morning , I love it . I have treated my self to peg board and going to use for 18th birthday card . The edger works so well and the flowers finish the cards of beautifully.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I just love those dies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia. Oooooo I like this card. Brilliant for a special occasion. This is one to keep in my mind as I will definitely be having a go with it. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, A really lovely card !! I adore the edger die and it's so effective here, and I'm loving the peg board die.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, the edge looks very pretty as does your 3rd generation print. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful, love those flowers...and that edging just finishes it off...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card Julia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My flowers arrived this weekend, and I won the background die in Sue's last die release. Guess I might be trying this for a special birthday girl next week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia x the edger looks gorgeous around the peg board x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card I hope to be playing with the shaving foam technique at the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia wow fab card The ecliptic edger die is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and cheerful birthday card. I love these dies and you use them so well .
    I wish everyone a great day,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, another lovely card. I think i have to get the set with the cake. So very useful. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!