Thursday 8 December 2016

Special Gifts

Hi Bloggers.

I've had a request for details on how this card was made -

I started by cutting die #5 from Sue Wilson's Swirly Vine Background with #7 die from Sue's Double Pierced Squares Die Set out of Coconut White Card 3 times. I cut them a 4th time, this time I also ran them through on the emboss sandwich.

I glued the 3 cut only die cuts on top of each other and onto a piece of Coconut White Card trimmed slightly smaller than the outside edge of the pierced square. I spread Phill Martin's New Gold Sparkle Texture Paste through the triple die cut frame and put aside to dry (takes quite a few hours). Once it was dry, I added the 4th embossed die cut and added the lot to a Coconut White mat and then a 5 3/4" square Coconut White Card Blank.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Special Gifts Labels Twenty Nine Stamp Set (on my ODS shows on 13th December) onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using die #4 from the Swirly Vine Background Die Set. I edged the square with Clear Perfect Medium, added CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I added some White Pearl Corners.

John Lockwood is continuing with One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

If you still have Christmas cards to make, you may be interested to know that many Christmas products are now reduced in price on my website. You can find them in the Christmas section or the Clearance section.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (8th December) - T
hat Special Touch Mask - Cores only £1.99!

33 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and I love the sentiment
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Very pretty card ,love the sentiment.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    First of all I would like to Thank you very much for the Friday freebie card I received yesterday it is so pretty and such pretty colours too Thank you.
    Todays card is so lovely too thank you. Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia and lovely sentiment
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a really lovely card, and the stamped sentiment is fabulous, so true. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today, such nice colours. Thank you for the explanation, certainly looks complicated.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this card, it's beautiful.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love all the details. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Julia. Have a good day. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, love the sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card and great sentiment. Wow, I wouldn't have thought of spreading texture paste through a stacked die cut.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, I like today's card very much, might have a go at this one when I get a chance, thanks for the instructions.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Julia, that die is a must have

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sentiment here,Julia - it is so true. Great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovly card, I do like these square dies from Sue.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia very special I say love sues Lacey die what you have done with it is amazing
    Love June horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia, I can image you had a lot of those microbeads everywhere and I bet your still finding them. A fabulous card design. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, A lovely card, gorgeous colours and beautiful sentiment.
    Thank you for the Sale Items, I've just placed my order, yes I'm one of those who are 'still' doing Christmas cards. I have promised myself to start next year's cards in January (my fingers are crossed that I stick to it this time hahaha).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can understand why you have had requests for this card - it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty and bins love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning card julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A stunning card Julia, again I love how you have done the background...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Very rich and sparkly and I really like the stamp. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is absolutely beautiful, i love it and would never have guessed how it was done if you hadn't told us.

    Thanks for your inspiration

    Best Wishes
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card I like the dipped and get embossed edges

    ReplyDelete
  26. A real wow card with a super sentiment. Just gorgeous.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful card Julia

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful card Julia. Thank you for sharing this. I too love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!