Thursday 13 October 2016

Wonderful Surprises

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great day of stamping at CE HQ yesterday. My next workshop is in Milton Keynes this Saturday. It's a Backgrounds Masterclass. Lots and lots of ideas for handmade backgrounds. You can still join us by booking here. My next workshop at CE HQ is on Wednesday 26th October - a morning and afternoon sessions with different Christmas themed projects. You can book here.

Here's today's card -

This is a simple little proper card. I started by stamping the sentiment from the Justrite Multi-Step Poinsettia Stamp Set onto a piece of Coconut White Card using Coffee Archival. I edged the card with CS Crimson Kiss Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto Rich Red Card and then onto my Coconut White Card Blank.

I stamped the largest Poinsettia from the same set. I stamped 1A and 1B using Crimson Kiss Colour Cloud and 1C using Red Geranium Archival. I stamped 1D using Coffee Archival. I stamped the leaves by stamping 3A using Basil Leaf Colour Cloud twice and 3B on top using Olive Archival. I cut them out using the corresponding dies from the Justrite Multi-Step Poinsettia Dies. I added my flower to my card just with CS Glue so it's quite flat.

I added a 5mm White Pearl to each corner to complete my card. I didn't stamp a sentiment inside on this one but you could if you wished. Great for batch making.

I also made this one which is completely flat as I stamped the flower directly onto my card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (13th October) -
Creative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Heart Striplet only £2.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards ideal for batch making love the setiment stamp.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a very pretty card.
    Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Julia
    Pretty card ,love the sentiment.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Julia just perfect for batch making xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Two pretty cards today, Yes a good idea for batch making.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's cards are gorgeous. I love the poinsettia. That is a lovely stamp set. I am pleased it went well yesterday. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, great for batch making.
    I'm off to tbe Bath and West Showground today for Craft4crafters with a big shopping list :)
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, remember seeing this on your hochanda shows.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Lovely card and a very practical one for posting. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Julia beautiful pointsettia love the verse
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun today Great card Very traditional

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards Julia. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia, two beautiful cards this morning I love that flower and how you create your cards. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Julia, simple but classy.
    Thank you,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia

    Two lovely cards and, I think, ideal for batch making

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just really like the fact that both the sentiment and the poinsettia get to be focal points without fighting with each other.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Now I understand what you were describing to us yesterday when were playing with those poinsettia stamps.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Two Lovely C&S Cards. I prefer the first for the layering and the splash of green. The second would be excellent for batch making or a card in a hurry. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, beautiful work, you are so inspiring ,Thank You
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julia this is beautiful and another one i love.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two very pretty cards Julia. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!