Sunday 18 September 2016

Happy Anniversary

Hi Bloggers.

Day 2 of Ally Pally today. Will you be there?

Here's today's card -

For the background, I popped the Spirelli Mask onto a piece of Watercolour Card. I sprinkled Mango Blaze and Scarlet Mist CS Pixie Powders over the top then spritzed with water. I removed the mask and put the card aside to dry. The Pixie Powder comes off the mask easily under running water.

Once dry, I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and stamped the roses from the Justrite Doodle Roses Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder.

I tapped a little Scarlet Mist and Mango Blaze Pixie Powders into separate wells in a Mixing Palette. Using my Water Brush, I added a little water to make them into paints. I used these to colour the image.

 I made a couple of frames out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Circles and added them to my image using 3D Foam and trimmed away the excess using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment and the frame from the Justrite Congrats Card Basics Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Justrite A2 Card Front Basics Dies. I coloured some areas of the frame using Mango Blaze and Scarlet Mist Pixie Powders.

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using Creative Expressions Dotty Daisy Embossing Folder. I added some White Pearl Corners.

Sue Wilson, Phill Martin and John Lockwood have shows being broadcast live from Ally Pally on Hochanda this weekend. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them all here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (18th September) -
Creative Expressions Vintage Gold Buttons only 99p per pack!

35 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card today, and wow I got to meet you again in person at Ally Pally, you are so lovely and helpful to everyone, I have a brilliant day.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today, subtle colours and how different for an anniversary card.
    Hope you had a good day at ALLY PALLY and are looking forward to today.
    Love and crafty hugs.
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you this is a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.
    one day I hope to get to Ally Pally.
    I wish there was a coach trip ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Sorry can't be there. Enjoy! And I live the card today.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a beautiful card very unusual I love it. Hope you are enjoying Ally Pally why haven't you got a live hour for Hochanda I would love to see you.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love today's card. So pleased AP is going well for you all - I'm sorry not to be there this year.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, nice & bright.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia
    Love this card, so bright and cheerful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I must try heat embossing and colouring over pixie powdered paper, it can look great.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Julia. Unfortunately not able to get to AP this year. Next time, hopefully.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, love the circle frame you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card Julia. I bought some watercolour card yesterday so I can try this technique. AP was great yesterday I will be playing with my purchases today xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia, really beautiful card, love it. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia love the colours and the peireced dies and the flower stamp
    Isi would have loved to be there yesterday to meet you sue and John. Fits too far for my husband to drive all that way we are in our eighties but I can see you on tele next best thing thank you Julia have a great day
    Love always June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, this card is beautiful, love the background with the stencil and the pixie powders, the design works so well with the circle dies. Enjoy day 2 of Ally Pally. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Julia. I love the pixie powders but using masks it always seeps underneath - any tips please?
    Sorry I'm in Spain this week but trying to watch the shows on Hochanda - the delay is driving me mad!!
    Enjoy your 2nd day at Ally Pally - perhAps next year I'll make it there.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia, wow what a fabulous card I love the colour choice and the design is stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the colours and the mask you have used. Unfortunately I won't be at Ally Pally but hope you and everyone that goes have a great day.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card the colours are so refreshing.
    Hope day 2 goes as well as day 1 for you.
    Hugs

    Donna Golby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia. I have both pixie powders and I believe the mask so will give it a go. Have a good day at AP.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Serene and beautiful card .
    Have a good day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia

    I love this card! I've also got that mask and I'm ready to use my Pixie Powders on the next card I make!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Wow Julia, I think this is Stunning. I love the layout and colour, the mask, folder and dies are lovely. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, I love how you have created this card, and the finished product is beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A stunning card, just love that background using the pixie powders...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your colours, Julia and very effective use of stamps and mask.
    Many thanks,
    Sue M

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous background Julia and a lovely card X

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had a fab day at AP and bought Pixie Powders - the colours you suggested to me Thank you
    Fab card and this is one of the reasons why I bought PP to use with my masks and paint with

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a lovely card Julia. I don't have Pixie Powders but I do have something similar so will give this a go. AP not for me this year - perhaps 2017...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh WOW Julia I love this card it's stunning. I have this mask & I bought Sue's circle die's at Ally Pally yesterday. So I will have a go at doing this card thank you. Hope you had good day today at AP
    Hug's Lynda Brock xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia. I love pixie powders and your colour combo. The spirelli mask and the circle dies go together so well. Lovely card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card Julia. I really like the embossed background and the pearly corners. Just returned from Barcelona so lots to take care of. I tried to feedback from the hotel's computer and was successful but Google kept asking me for confirmation.... in Spanish. My daughter speaks Spanish but was nowhere to be seen. Typical. I gave up! Hope Ally Pally was a success again.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. It was so nice chatting to you today. I hope you had a safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Julia this is a fab card, so different to other anniversary cards which is why i love it.
    I love those gorgeous colours.
    I hope you had another fab and successful day.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!