Thursday 2 June 2016

Sunflower Seeds

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great day yesterday, prep for August workshop complete. I will share sneak peeks tomorrow.

I've rather a lot of post to get through today. I will do my best to do as much as possible. Looks like John's new stamps won't be here today, hopefully they'll be here tomorrow.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I popped the Emeralds Mask onto a piece of Watercolour Card. I sprinkled some Scarlet Mist and Mango Blaze CS Pixie Powder over the area and then misted with water. I removed the mask and put aside to dry.

Once dry, I dusted the background with my Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the sunflower and the sentiment from the Justrite Sunflowers Vintage Labels Five Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I tapped a little Scarlet Mist, Mango Blaze and Golden Mint Pixie Powders into separate sections in a Mixing Palette. I added a little water to them to make them into paint and used them to colour the image and sentiment using a Water Brush.

I made a frame using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B out of Coconut White Card and added it to my background using 3d Foam Tape.

A Black Card mat and a Coconut White Card mat and job done!

Lisa Horton is contiuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on products that I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight. I have ordered some of Lisa's stamps and have added them to my website - they should be here early next week.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (2nd June) - Sue Wilson Classic Foldover Flower Die Set only £8.99!


37 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and lovely colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, beautiful card today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A lovely happy card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card, I guess you love your pixie powders.
    Love the main painted flower.
    Love and crafty hugs,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, a really beautiful vibrant card, it has really brightened a dull day. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card today thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous vibrant card .the sunflower is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, colours and background x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    As you said this is a lovely stamp and I managed to get one. Great ewill play soon. Thanks for the quick dispatch of my distress crayons. Mum thought I should have them!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Love the sunflower and the background is so vibrant.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia. What a stunning card. Love the background.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Julia. Love the background.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, great background and flower.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Julia, I did purchase the sunflower stamp and some pixie powders so will be having a go

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Julia colours are great and the stamp is lovely
    Thank you love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia, I adore this card I love how youve demo it on Hochanda and the whole design is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. Lovely vibrant card. The more I see of pixie powders the more I am liking them. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    A lovely colourful card, love the sunflower.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia, gorgeous card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    wonderful background and beautiful card...
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a pretty card, great use of a stencil and I love the colours.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia - very bright and summery

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card, love the colors )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia

    Super vibrant card, love the background and the stamp

    Smiles :)

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia.

    Very pretty Card. It's very cheery with a great background and lovely colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the bright colours on this cheerful card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, A lovely card, especially the sunflower, and this would be ideal for decoupaging up too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thankyou for the sunny card today julia , its a bit grey and chilly today x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A lovely sunny card to match the day! Thanks Julia! X

    ReplyDelete
  31. OOh Julia i love this card, those beautiful colours and pretty flower.
    Enough to brighten anyones day, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia this is a gorgeous card I love the sunflower and the background you have created. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the background Julia, fabulous colours, and the sunflower is gorgeous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Evening Julia. Very pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia

    Love it, Justrite products always make a great card, I love the background, bet pixie powders are a dream for you. I look at the cards every day on the notification emails and love them but commenting not always possible. Will try and be back soon though, hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card Julia. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!