Wednesday 1 June 2016

Pixie Pinwheel Daisies

Hi Bloggers.

I'm spending the day with a friend prepping for my Mixed Media workshop that I've scheduled for Sunday 14th August so I'm afraid I won't be able to do a post run, sorry. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

I managed to order John Lockwood's new stamps yesterday. I've loaded the stock onto my website should any of you wish to order them. I expect they'll arrive tomorrow or Friday and I'll aim to send them out as soon as I can. I've put a 10% discount on them till midnight on Friday night or while stocks last. The easiest place to find them is here.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Provencal Lace Embossing Folder.

I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with water and sprinkled some Plum Twist and Candy Pink CS Pixie Powders over. Once dry, I dusted it with an Anti-Static Bag and then stamped the image from the Justrite Pinwheel Daisies Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I popped a little of the 2 powders into separate sections in a Mixing Palette, added little water and then painted the flowers using a Water Brush. I added a little White Pearl Mixer to the Candy Pink section the lighten the colour and used to paint in the centres of the flowers.

I cut it out using Spellbinders Regal Allure. I cut the largest die in the set out of Black Card.

I cut the embellishment die in the set out of Black Card twice. I covered them with Flake & Glitter Glue using the CS Flake & Glitter Glue Highlighter. I then sprinkled CS Sparkle Star Diamond Frost all over.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearl Corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Lisa Horton is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm. I'm offering 10% discount on products that I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (1st June) - Sue Wilson Heraldic Square Die Set only £9.99!


27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very different but beautiful card today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia what a pretty card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, amazing card today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, Happy Birthday, I hope you have a lovely day prepping for the mixed media workshop. Lovely card today, the colours are so vibrant. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card today, my you do love the Pixie Powders!!!
    The effect of mixing the pearl with the paint effect on the flowers is great.
    Enjoy your prep work.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx💐

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Beautiful card, especially love the background and the flowers. Pleased that you've got hold of John's new stamps, off to put my order in now. Have a lovely day with your friend. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the stamp you have used is gorgeous .

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia. This is stunning. A lovely stamp and the pixie powders on the background are beautiful.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    Love the card - very pretty background. I've got the decorator in at the moment so I can't find anything!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia this is a gorgeous card I just love it. I hope all your prep goes well. Have a great day today. Take care.Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the background.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you can stamp over the pixie powders - will have to get some.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card showcasing both the Powders and stamp Good luck with the prep

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I didn't know there was a flake and glitter glue highlighter - thanks for highlighting that!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card julia x have a great day prepping x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Live today's card Julia thank you

    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Love the pinwheel stamp and the card you have made. Just placed an order and will wait patiently. Have a great day prepping. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Julia, I hope the prep work is going well and you are enjoying your day. I love this card its so very pretty and I love the colour choice to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia

    Cute and colour design

    Smiles

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    Very pretty. I love the pixie powder colours and I think the embellishment die and the colour bridge to the Regal die. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope your Workshop prep went well.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Like the versatility of the pixie powders.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card looks good - love the colours.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  24. Arnt these flowers just s crummy? I never tried them in these colours but they work so well.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  25. julia this is a real beauty. I love the pixie powder background and have become a fan of these wonderful powders.
    Especially as they can be used to paint with too.
    Those flowers are amazing, in fact the whole card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!