Thursday 30 June 2016

Just Because

Hi Bloggers.

Well, I failed yesterday - my lounge still looks like a stock room! I spent most of the day getting my website orders parcelled up and in the post, had to do some planning for my shows on July 10th and some other bits of admin. My lounge will look even worse this morning as more stock is due in, including the new pastel colours in the Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polishes range. I've already loaded them onto my website. You can find them here. As a heads up, if you're in the Wolverhampon area, I will be demoing them at Domino Crafts 10am till 4pm on Saturday. I'll also be demoing CS Pixie Powders and Sue Wilson Dies.

Anyway, here's today's card -

There are so many techniques that you can do with the Spellbinders Acanthus Leaf Card Creator Die Set - this is just one of them that I demoed in one of the ODS shows on Tuesday. It's a variation of Sue Wilson's Fire & Ice Technique.

I cut the inner die only from the Spellbinders Acanthus Leaf Die Set out of a piece of Black Card. I used the Spellbinders Tool 'n One to remove the card from the die and on the reverse of the die cut to remove the 'hairy bits'. Making sure that my Craft Sheet was clean, I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet over the the FRONT of the die cut - it needs to be a bit larger than the die cut. I turned it over to reveal the areas of adhesive and rubbed Gold Metallic Micro Beads all over. Now, I have learned from experience that these little beads like to escape when adding the ice bit to this technique thus contaminating the Iced Snow. So, it's wise to cover the area by gluing a piece of copy paper over to seal them in.

I turned my piece over and peeled away the other piece of adhesive. I then rubbed CS Iced Snow all over. I used the outer die from the Acanthus Leaf Card Creator Die Set to cut my background to size - you need to go back and forth a couple of times in your machine as the die is cutting through card, DS adhesive, copy paper and Iced Snow. It's also best to wait till the glue on the copy paper is dry. Do check your die afterwards for any Iced Snow that might be sitting on it - if left there you will get a little embossed disc on your edges!

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Chrysanthemum Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Acanthus Leaf Tags Die Set and cut the corresponding larger die out of Black Card.

I assembled the card as shown adding Craft Consortium Pearls (with some CS Glue as they're going onto Glitter Jewels) and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

I've loaded photos of all of the samples from this week's ODS into the Gallery section of this blog (accessible via the top menu) and onto my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

Sue Wilson is back on Hochanda during the next 3 days with slightly different products on each show. I'm offering 10% discount on the items I have in stock on my website from today's shows, tomorrow's shows and Saturday's shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight on Sunday 3rd July (to give you chance to watch on catchup if you need too!). Sue's shows are today 10am & 11am, tomorrow at 5pm and 6pm and Saturday at 2pm and 3pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (30th June) - Spellbinders Savoy Labels Die Set only £13.99!

 

27 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julia, watched you demo this on Hochanda. Just love the coloured micro beads. Marion S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I loved this demo on the ODS show, a really gorgeous card. Hope you get everything sorted out. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love all the sparkle. I hope you get your lounge sorted. It sounds like you are very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, useful for many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must try this fire and ice technique - it is so effective.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia, wow it must have taken forever to list all those goodies on your website, and I love the new gilding polish colours. Your card is just stunning and I love the fire and ice technique. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, the photo doesn't do it justice.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fire/ice technique and not done in a long while Guess what I'll be playing with later as I have the technology! Super card and super shows

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and I really enjoyed your shows. I'm sure that you will soon have your lounge organised, it just takes a bit of time to get back into a routine after a holiday. By the way you looked really well on tv.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Love the card, and this die is gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your shows Julia the cards were brill the beads were awsum you look well after your hols and your top was lovely
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Lovely card and very effective technique. Yes, those micro beads get everywhere. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    Gorgeous card and love the techniques you have used.

    My order just arrived very quick thank you Julia that has cheered me up and a big thank you for the GORGEOUS card.
    Hope you get your living room sorted but think how many of us you are getting so much enjoyment from all your work .a big thank you love jeanie.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Julia, )
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card, great technique and a lovely colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and technique Julia.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card julia x the fire/ice technique is fantastic x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, saw you demo this one, lovely technique.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, This technique is fabulous, this card is fabulous, I love all the 'bling'.
    Good luck with your stock control, wouldn't it be great if there were more hours in our day haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, This technique is fabulous, this card is fabulous, I love all the 'bling'.
    Good luck with your stock control, wouldn't it be great if there were more hours in our day haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely card Julia. What a shame, I've been in Wolverhampton today!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia,
    I know I'm rather late but the card is really lovely! Great technique ! Thank you.
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card today Julia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia, must try this technique one day.
    Don't forget to breath :-) see you soon.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia a beautiful card today, love the effect you have created with the sparkles.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!