Monday 13 June 2016

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For my background, I spread some Icicle Blue CS Sparkle Texture Paste through the Web Mask onto Coconut White Card. Leaving the mask in place, I sprinkled some Firework Burst CS Pixie Powder. I removed the mask and put aside to dry ( a a couple of hours).

I used Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Rectangles and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B to make a frame out of Coconut White Card. Once my background was dry, I added the frame using 3d Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Applique Flowers Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smaller die in the Justrite Vintage Sentiment Tags Dies. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set onto Black Card, again using Clear Perfect Medium but this time I embossed with CS True White Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the other die in the Vintage Sentiment Tags Dies.

I stamped the flower from the same stamp set onto my Black Card card twice using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS True White Detail Embossing Powder. I cut them out using scissors. I glued them on top of each other, offsetting them and added a Craft Consortium Vintage Pearl Charm. I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Orange Blossom Leaves.

I added a mat of Black Card and a mat of Coconut White Card and my card was complete.

Phill Martin is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm. I'm offering 10% discount on products that I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 10th June is .....................

 Jackie Trinder

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (13th June) - Creative Expressions Sunflower Bouquet Stamp Set only £2.99!

 

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card.
    Congratulations Jackie enjoy your beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    thank you a lovely sparkly card today.
    Congratulations to Jackie.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    What a stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    WOW what a different effect using sparkle texture paste and pixie powders. This card looks amazing.
    Congratulations to this weeks card winner -
    Jackie.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, this card is awesome, love that background, certainly one to try. Well done Jackie. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, this is such a beautiful card, love it. Congratulations to Jackie, enjoy your prize

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia. You create such amazing backgrounds. I must play a bit more.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design. Thank you for picking my name out. I will be in touch. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, Congratulations to Jackie.
    This card is very pretty, I'm loving the background, so very pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, Congratulations to Jackie.
    This card is very pretty, I'm loving the background, so very pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card love the background x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    Such a pretty card. Congratulations Jackie!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the background.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so looking forward to your workshop to try all these techniques with the Pixie powders. This looks great, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beauty today julia love it the background is just great thank you Julia
    Love June Horrocks xxx congrats to the winner of the beautiful card xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Congrats to the winner.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia, what a beautiful way to use the pixie powders they really do look stunning in that paste. Its a gorgeous card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card. I do like the background.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. Great card as usual and the colours in the Fireworks Burst pixie powder are amazing. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    I really like this clean and colourful design, just waiting for my PPs.....

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Julia, love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    you´ve made an amazing card.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    A really nice card ,just stunning.
    Congrats to Jackie )

    ReplyDelete
  24. A truly stunning card Julia. Love the web mask - very effective.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I really like your background and the tag using the frame stamp. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Jackie Trinder.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful card Julia, Thank you! X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card. I love the texture paste and mask technique and don't use it enough outside of Christmas cards which is silly really!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely technique and colours It's very effective congrats to Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the flower and pearl embellishment - might have to give that a go myself - I have the where-with-all. Might have to change the colour to go with the card I want this to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julia i absolutley love this card and that background is
    so pretty, i definately need to get me some of those pixie powders.
    Every single card you have done with them has been stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card Julia. The background is gorgeous and I love the little stamped flower and decoration. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!