Saturday 4 June 2016

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background is another technique that I've adapted from Sue Wilson and, with the sentiment, quite appropriate as it's Sue's birthday today!

So, for the background I used a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate (doesn't have to be heat emboss but it's easier than keeping 2 separate packets!). I ran a trail of Cosmic Shimmer Clear Varnish Lacquer all over it and then sprinkled CS Scarlet Mist Pixie Powder over. I used my fingers to mix the Pixie Powder nd the Lacquer and cover the whole surface. I scrunched up a white piece of Tissue Paper, openend it a little and then pressed it into the pixie/laquer mix and then put aside to dry.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Double Pierced Rectangles and Double Pierced Rectangles Set B. Once my background was dry, I added my frame using 3d Foam Tape.

I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with water and then sprinkled some Scarlet Mist Pixie Powder over. Once completely dry, I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and then stamped the flower from the Justrite Applique Flowers Stamp Set twice using Clear Perefect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut them out using scissors, glued them together offsetting the petals and added one of my favourite Craft Consortium Vintage Pearl Charms. I cut a couple of leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Orange Blossom Leaves.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto Coconut White Card, again using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Black Detail Powder. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags and cut a Black Mat using the same die set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Small Black Circle Dazzlers and a couple of mats of Black and Coconut White Card.

I'm really sorry but I didn't get all of my orders yesterday so I was unable to send everything out. They're due in on Monday so I'll catch up then. 

John is continuing with his One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (4th June) - Ranger Electric Lime Dye Ink Pad only £2.99!


31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    What a very pretty card, Thank you.
    Have a good weekend Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and fabulous colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Stunning card, love how you've made the background and those flowers are beautiful. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Wow this is a very vibrant card and a fitting tribute to a talented lady on her birthday.
    It is so nice that you bounce ideas between you all at Creative Expressions.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, such a stunning card today, it really is appropriate for such a super duper lady our Sue, you have done her proud.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card-love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing background Julia. The whole card is just WOW!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Great background making a lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card Juliaove the background and the flowers hope she has a lovely birthday like I did on the first of June

    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the technique you have used for the background. I hope that you have a wonderful day today and that Sue has a great birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, I bet it is stunning in real life.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card julia x love the technique used for the background x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Julia, love this card, really will have a go at it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love, love, love the background.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the background x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, what a gorgeous card, love the striking colour combo. Had some fun with my pixie powders yesterday. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Julia, wow what a beautiful card the colour of that background is really striking. A lovely card layout to. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    Wow stunning card I love the background looks amazing with the beautiful flower.
    Crafty Hug's Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Julia. I first learned this technique in one of your own workshops with Sue. It's about time I repeated it. Thanks.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the background.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia. A very striking card, yet another one I love. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous card Julia! I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Sue.

    Stunning Card, I love the background and your floral elements. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, A lovely card, a brilliant technique, one day I will try this haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love this one, that background is so pretty and the wondeful bright colour.
    I must get some laquer and tissue paper and try this technique as the results are always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, A lovely card, a brilliant technique, one day I will try this haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card today Julia. Lovely card for Sue's birthday. Must try this technique as I have all the things needed. Just need to get on with it. Thank you for sharing this card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia
    Nice card today. I'm sure Sue loves it. Great result.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!