Sunday 5 June 2016

Easy two-fer

Hi Bloggers.

I have a two-fer for you today - very similar techniques but with different dies.

Here's the first one -

I made a card blank by folding a piece of Coconut White Card in half. I place the outer die from the Spellbinders Quatrafoil Panel Die Set with one of the long cutting edges outside of the fold and ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum. I then cut both dies together out of Duck Egg Blue Card and again out of Aqua Card. I kept the little fall away flowers from both cuts. For this card I used the Duck Egg Die Cut and the Aqua fall away flowers (the Aqua Die Cut and the Duck Egg Fall away flowers can be used on another card).

I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto Coconut White Card can then cut the outer die only. I removed the other backing piece and added my Duck Egg Die Cut. I popped all my Aqua fall away flowers in place and then rubbed CS Diamond Sprinkles all over the remaining gaps.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Bold Flourish Wedding Stationery Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Decorative Swallowtail Tags.

I added my card front to the back of my card blank (this means that the real back of my card looks nice and clean rather than having marks from my plates on it).

Here's the second card -

For this one, I created my card blank in the same way as before but this time used the outer die from the Spellbinder Swirl Stripe Panel Die Set. I cut the 2 dies together out of Coconut White Card.

I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with CS Rich Gold Mister. Once dry, I cut the outer die from it and glued my decorative panel on top.

I stamped the sentiment from the Crearive Expressions Bold Flourish Wedding Stationery Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Olympic Gold Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Decorative Swallowtail Tags and trimmed off the decorative section of it. I added a White Craft Consortium Resin Flower.

Easy peasy, teeny cards. Change the sentiment to suit any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (5th June) - Creative Expressions Vintage Gold Buttons only 99p!


30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards great idea.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Just brilliant Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Two great cards, thanks for the inspiration. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, wonderful cards and what a fantastic technique too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Happy Sunday - with two lovely cards both so different using striplet dies and a great technique. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and dies xxhazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the cards look great Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    Two beautiful cards thanks tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these cards Julia as you say easy and when you do cards for charity a great help thank you
    Live June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Great easy cards, but so effective. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's cards are gorgeous. They are brilliant for batch making like you have to do for wedding stationery. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards, easy for batch making but still look special.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Two cards good for a man.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both great, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great cards julia x I love the duck egg and aqua colours they are gorgeous x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards Julia and such lovely colors )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, 2 really fabulous cards, love the colours used on both. Great for wedding stationary. Have a great Sunday all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia

    Two very pretty cards. Love both colours on them

    Smiles

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could quite easily make these cards look manly by changing the colours etc. Really versatile dies.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever use of these dies - beautiful invites etc.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea Julia! Having small cards at the ready is always useful! Mine are usually small square ones! Thanks for making me think of another shape! Hope you are enjoying this lovely weather! Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good Afternoon Julia, wow two beautiful little cards for invites or thank yous love the design of them both and the colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Cards, not to fussy. Very economically, using all the pieces and the endless colour combinations sound fun. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two lovely straightforward cards that suggest endless possibilities for colour combinations (depending on our card stock supplies of course!!!!!). There are times when we want something uncomplicated but very attractive and these fit the bill.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love cards Julia and such a good idea. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two very effective cards I must remember to use sticky sheets when I want to use fall out pieces I faff about with CS glue different effect I know as you aren't left with any sticky spaces to cover but it is faffy and more time consuming I think

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are both really pretty, love the colours. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Evening Julia. Two lovely simple cards. Pretty colours too. X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia,
    Two beautiful cards in lovely colours.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!