Saturday 11 June 2016

Celebrate Tag

Hi Bloggers.

I'm running a Stamping Masterclass locally today. Should be fun!

I have an MDF Tag to share today -

I painted a Scalloped MDF Tag with CS White Gesso. I added some Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink using a Smoothie as shown. I used Picked Raspberry to cover the sides and theback of the tag. I dried them using my heat tool and then applied a second coat of ink to deepen the colour.

I spritzed some water into my hand and then clapped over my tag to form splats. I left it a few seconds and then blotted dry with a piece of Kitchen Roll.

I misted some Pastel Blue Chalk Mister onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. I used this to ink up a section of the Justrite Basketweave Background Stamp and stamped it on the left hand side of my tag.

I stamped some foliage from the Justrite Create a Flower Garden Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival along the bottom of the tag. I cut a couple of flowers out of Black Card and added them to the bottom of my tag too.

I inked all over the tag with Clear Perfect Medium, added clear CS Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heat set. I added some more and and powder twice more. Whilst the powder was still moulten I sprinkled some CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost over.

I cut the smallest oval from the Justrite A2 Card Front Basics Dies out of Black Card. I cut the sentiment from the Justrite Best Wishes Sentiment Dies out of Coconut White Card. I cut the largest butterfly die in the A2 Card Front Basics Die Set out of Black Card twice. I cut the smallest butterfly die out of Coconut White Card - I inked through the die on one with Picked Raspberry and the other with Carved Pumpkin.

I swiped both of the Distress Ink Pads across my Craft Sheet and misted with water. I dragged some Blue White American Seam Binding through the ink. I dried it using my Heat Tool and added it to my tag.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (11th June) - Sue Wilson Thinking of You Die only £6.99!


22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Loved watching you demo this on your shows, it's lovely. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,
    What a bright offering on a dull wet Saturday morning.
    Enjoy your workshop!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a fab. Little project, hope you have a great day with your stamping I know everyone will enjoy it as you are so funny wish you would come back to Glasgow as we had a great time with you nod Sue.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    A very pretty tag, thank you.
    Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    That is a really pretty tag. Love it and wish you were in our area sometimes. Yorkshire!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, lovely tag, enjoy your masterclass, you will have them eating out of your hand.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Julia today's tag is gorgeous. I hope the workshops goes well. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

      Delete
  7. Great tag, nice cheerful colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tag Julia. Have a great day.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    Lovely tag, I enjoyed the demo of this.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Watched you make this tag on tv, very pretty. Great informative shows. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this demo Julia the tags brilliant thank you love always xxxxxx June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Hope you have a good day.
    Love your tag.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, I love this beautiful tag. Have a great day with the workshop. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great, Julia. Just booked in for your Pixie Powder masterclass in July - really looking forward to it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, Im still watching the demos you did last week on Hochanda you and Charlie are a great laugh and enjoy by the look of it. Stunning tag this morning love the effect with the stamp on the background. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag, love the colours, so bright and cheerful.

    Sorry I can't be with you at your masterclass today, you know how much I want to improve my stamping. Unfortunately with a different set of problems with my second 'new' eye I was not happy about driving out of town. Perhaps next time!!!!

    Hope you all have another great day in YG

    Teress

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia

    This is lovely! I'm off to get out my tags and Gesso and do some playing

    Have a happy weekend

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tag. Aren't they so versatile?

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia,
    Lovely tag! I love playing around with those! Thank you for more tips! Hope you have a great day. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Very pretty, I the pale blue Basketweave Background Stamp and I can even pick up the sparkle of the Diamond Frosting your detail photo's, lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!