Thursday 9 June 2016

Best Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I inked a piece of Coconut White Card with Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean Distress Inks using Smoothies. I spritzed a little water into my hands and clapped over the background creating splats. I left it for a few seconds and then blotted with some Kitchen Roll. Once completely dry, I stamped the foliage from the Justrite Create a Flower Garden Stamp Set several times across the bottom section using Jet Black Archival.

I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with CS Pastel Pink Chalk Mist and another piece with CS Pastel Blue Chalk Mist. Once completely dry, I stamped the birdhouse top onto the pink piece and the birdhouse stand on the blue piece - both stamps are from the Justrite Home Tweet Home Stamp Set and I stamped them both using Jet Black Archival. I cut the stamped sections of the birdhouse using scissors and added them to my background as shown, gluing the stand using CS Glue and adding the house using 3d Foam.

I cut the Best Wishes sentiment out of Black Card using the Justrite Best Wishes Sentiment Dies.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.
 
Just to let you know, Lisa Horton's stamps including the Rustic Birds are now back in stock on my website here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (9th June) - Phill Martin From the Heart Male Relatives Die Set only £9.99!


31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card lovely happy colours.
    Nancydxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Very sweet, bright card could be used for any occasion.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you for all the great shows,I had one of those days yesterday, so all your cards are lovely Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, I was not able to see any of the shows yesterday, (family problems) but will have a go at watching them today on catch up.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. A very pretty, summery card, simply beautiful. Loved your shows, hope you have a bit more of a restful day today. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    What a bright and colourful card for an overcast morning. Just so different - great.
    Charlie on Hochanda yesterday was so bemused with the 'Happy Clapping' his face was a picture.
    Loved the shows yesterday, will really have to try this technique .
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, what a gorgeous card, love the background colours, and the cute birdhouse. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card-so bright & cheerful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the bright colours. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the shows Julia love the card today I think the colours are lovely and the stamp xxxx
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card love the vibrant colours x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. Julia, this is just stunning!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. I'd never seen "happy clappy" before Will definitely be trying that one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another technique I had forgotten about! This looks great, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. When you started to demo this card I didn't think I was going to like it but, guess what, by the time you had finished, I love it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    A bright fun card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, A nice fresh-looking and uplifting card, loving the swipes of colour.
    I had a little chuckle yesterday coming back from Dentist in Liverpool on the train, opposite me was a young lady applying her make-up oblivious to anyone around, and she was using something that looked like a 'smoothie' to apply her foundation, I nearly said to her that I use those for applying inks to my card in papercraft - but thought better of it hahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Julia, I was well tempted and couldnt resist buying the Home Tweet set of stamps and the result of the card design is just fabulous so I will definitely be having a go at using them all. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card. I'm going to watch the shows on catch up as I was out all day yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, such a Happy colorful card ,i love it !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    This is such a cute card. Love the 'splat' affect!

    Have a great day

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. All elements work really well together. Love your choice of colours.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia.

    Very sweet card. I like the background very much. Thanks for sharing.

    I have a couple of shows from yesterday to catchup on.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw this card mentioned on one of your shows and loved it.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    A lovely cheery card, the birdhouse and the background are beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely bright happy card julia x love the stamping x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia, thank you for a pretty and cheery card! I can even imagine letting children try this! Have now watched all the Shows on Hochanda - learned lots! Thank you. Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia

    I love the bright colours and who doesn't love a birdhouse?!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab colours Julia. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another beautiful card with fabulous colours.
    I really wish i was brave enough to create beautiful backgrounds like you do.
    I always love the colour you choose.
    I love this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!