Monday 9 March 2015

Sneak Peek - Today and Always

Hi Bloggers.

Today is a bit of a long post, with details of new worskhops at the end.

As promised, today I have a sneak peek from Friday's show on Create & Craft. The show is wedding themed but there's lots of products on there that can be used for any occasion. Now don't get excited, Sue's Noble dies aren't on the show, Sue always launches her dies.

Anyway, here's today's card -

There's a gorgeous 6 x 6 paper pad from Couture Creations on the show called Vintage Rose. I hope we get chance to flick through it as it really is lovely. The papers will co-ordinate beautifully with Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and also Phill Martin's Vintage Rose and Vintage Sage Collections. I've used 2 of the designs from the pad to create my background using the Bargello Technique which Sue showcased on one of her videos last week - you can see it here.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Wedding Greetings Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels Four Die and inked through the die using Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

I cut a Couture Creations Daffodil Spray out of Coconut White Card. I pressed Perfect Medium over the die cut, added Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Pearl Lustre Embossing Powder and heat set. It looks lovely at this stage but, by adding more Perfect Medium, more powder and heat setting again it shimmers more - you can't really see it on the photo, trust me it really shimmers!

I cut Sue's 3D Dotty Bow out of the Wedding Felt Pack.

I cut Sue's Ornate Pierced Rectangles Noble Dies out of Coconut White Card and Blush Card.

I completed the card by cutting a couple of mats using Spellbinders Grand Rectangles and adding some 8mm Cream Pearls to the corners.

I have some more workshops at Creative Expressions in Kettering on Thursday April 2nd.

Morning Workshop


Using some of Sue Wilson's new dies. You'll learn how to make a 3d flower and your own decorative stick pins.

Afternoon Workshop -

Using new Spellbinders Dies. The box fold flat for postage. Other flower, leaf and butterfly dies will be available.


Here's a reminder of the Workshops on Tuesday March 17th -


Morning Workshop


Various masks, dies, embossing folders available. You'll use CS Sparkle Texture Paste and there's a cool technique with the decorative die.

Afternoon Workshop

Using a bunch of Sue's new dies including the Weaving Dies.


Please contact Tracey on 01536 481778 during office hours for more information or to book a place on any of the above workshops.

My next workshop local to me, in Yardley Gobion, is on Saturday May 16th. Here are the projects we'll be doing on that day -




If you're interested in the above Workshop, please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com for more info.

I've added all the above info into the Workshops section of this blog accessible via the top menu.

My dear friend, Cazz Wright, recently lost her only son. She's asked for donations to Headway - Brain Injury Association so I've popped some more card samples on to ebay with 50% of the proceeds going to Headway. I've also listed a few more items, including some dies and stamps, with 10% of proceeds going to headway. You can see my items on ebay here or by selecting ebay from the top menu of this blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, Wow !! a very beautiful card, I'm loving how you have done the background papers, they go so well together and are really pretty, and the flourish arching the sentiment is gorgeous.
    My heart goes out to Cazz, she is in my thoughts and prayers. I can understand exactly how she must be feeling, as I lost both my Sons on separate occasions, and it is devastating !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia and all

    There are some stunning Cards here. The sneak peek is beautiful and such lovely papers. The Kettering morning is a beauty, lovely colour, such a sweet pop up box, Both of the 17th's workshops would be appropriate for a wedding card also. The three for the 16th are lovely too,the central plum colour is great. Thanks for sharing

    I send my deepest sympathy to your friend Cazz. I can not imagine how she must be feeling, my heart goes out to her.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia and all crafters, I wondered what had happened to you today as the blog wasn't updated this morning as it usually is. I am glad to see you are back again and with some fantastic cards, oh I wished I could get to your workshops, wonderful.

    Have a great Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every card is beautiful stunning not one I don't find so beautiful thank you oh how I wish I could be at one of your workshops love always June horrocks. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so beautiful. What an inspiration you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog card today, the background is awesome! Those papers look wonderful. All your workshop cards are gorgeous too - I wish I could get to one! So sorry to hear the sad news about your friends son - my thoughts are with all his family and friends xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia.
    Thank you all the cards are wonderful. So sorry to read of your friends sad loss, it must be heartbreaking to loose one of your children. Take care all Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia all the cards are gorgeous. There are some lucky people out there who are going to your workshops. I am sorry to hear your friends sad news. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the cards are beautiful. Look after your friend and give her lots of hugs.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is stunning Julia, those papers are lovely!
    All the cards are great and whoever gets to the workshops will be thrilled I'm sure.
    Sorry for your friend's sad loss,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, a lovely assortment of cards. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, I missed this post yesterday, what a fabulous card for the sneak peek, looking forward to the show. Love the cards that you will be doing in the workshops. You are certainly a busy lady, how do you get the time to come up with all these beautiful designs? Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, I missed this post yesterday what beautiful cards ,wish I could participate in one of these shows.greeting Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, I missed this post yesterday what beautiful cards ,wish I could participate in one of these shows.greeting Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards Julia really looking forward to your show on Friday on C&C. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!