Tuesday 23 September 2014

You are in my Thoughts

Hi Bloggers.

I popped some card sample packs onto ebay last night. This time it's Macmillan Cancer Support that I'm raising funds for as it's their coffee morning time this month. You can see them here amongst other items I have for sale.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Velvet Tea Lights Embossing Folder. I ran it though a second time to extend the design and inked around the very edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I stamped the Cala Lily Trio using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge Die.

I popped the middle sized Cordoba Die inside the largest Granada Die and cut out using Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the Cala Lily Trio using jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using the smallest die in the Cordoba Die Set.

I tied a bow using Black/Ivory Striped Grosgrain and added a Crystal Sparkler.

I added a piece of a Black Self Adhesive Swirl.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Black Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Morning Julia and all crafters, such a beautiful card today, I so love black and white, the Cala Lily is such a beautiful flower and looks really nice here.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A very dramatic card thank you. Takr care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    Love the mono look to this card - a must try!!!
    Enjoy your day. Off to EBay now!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, this card is awesome, love the black and white, and the stamp is really beautiful. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julia I like the lillies one of my favourite flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the black and white combination. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. A great card, I love the Cala Lily Trio. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Love it !! a gorgeous black and white, love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card-very striking in Black & White.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Looks great in black and white and means you don't have to colour it in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card love black and white.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, a beautiful black and white card always
    everyone's favourite.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, lovely seeing you again this weekend. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, lovely card, do love black and white! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card shows how well these stamps look if left uncoloured. Hope you are managing to get a little time to recover from Ally Pally.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Julia - just love monochrome. Crafty Regards Julie Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, Dramatic card, love the monochrome and the Cala Lily Trio.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!