Friday 22 August 2014

Love

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started my randomly inking through the Doodle Squares Mask onto Milk Card using Dusty Concord Distress Ink. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Scented Corner Stamp using Dusty Concord. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Feather Frenzy Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design. I rubbed Golden Lilac Gilding Wax all over the embossed surface.

I cut 2 borders out of Rich Plum Card using the Couture Creations Chandeliers Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Celebration Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Lilac Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Couture Creations Ornamental Rectangle Die and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I cut a Couture Creations Cappuccino Die out of Mauve Card and inked through the die with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I cut a Couture Creations Elegant Motif Die out of Rich Plum Card.

I tied a bow using Purple/Ivory Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and added an Ivory Organza Ribbon Rose.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Lilac PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    I see the Queen of backgrounds is back very random, The sentimentis lovely. Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, love this card, the colours are super, and what a lovely sentiment. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card and such a beautiful sentiment. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Julia, I love the colours and the sentiment.
    Hope you all have a great weekend
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mornig Julia, a beautiful card love tbe background and the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    WOW A gorgeous card today!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia, I think like others it was the sentiment and the way it has been cut out that caught my eye. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours, the background you have created and the sentiment is so true. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Another stunning card, love the colours you have used similar to the colours on the card I was chosen by you to receive a few weeks ago
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia
    What a beautiful card, mauve is one of my favourite colours. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia, Love this dramatic card, the sentiment is beautiful and the background is stunning.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, Very pretty card love the colours. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia this card has given me an idea or two for a similiar version in claret and blue for a football supporter of a certain team - bow will therefore be replaced with a hammer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget to say - my Julia amazon parcel arrived yesterday so I now have plenty of new things to play with over the coming bank holiday weekend.

      Delete
  14. Hi Julia,a beautiful card. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background queen has done it again - fabulous! Love the dies and the colours you've used. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, Lovely card, gorgeous colours, fabulous background and brilliant sentiment, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Julia it's a beauty today love the colours thank you xx June xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, lovely card today with beautiful colours Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    These dies are a little bold for my liking but the colours you've used are lovely.

    Many thanks for my order reaching me yesterday a day after I ordered it. Granted the parcel didn't have to come far to Suffolk but it was speedy service all the same. Looking forward to using my first A4 embossing folder in my 'new' Grand Calibur!

    Crafty hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Julia, fab colours and background, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Love the colours in this one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, Lovely card and lovely sentiment - oh and lovely bow !
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!