Sunday 6 October 2013

Bags of Fun part 2

Hi Bloggers.

Another card with the same sentiment as yesterday. Not sure how well this will show up for some people so apologies in advance. I did demo this one on tv so that's why I thought I'd share it.

Ok, a messy background. I used Coconut White Card. First I spritzed all over with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Green Vintage Mister. I dried it with my heat tool and then randomly inked through small areas of the Knitted Mask with Old Paper Distress Ink. Then, with the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped the Rose Background and the Plaid Stamp both with Old Paper. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Poetry Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then rubbed Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax all over. Once dry, I inked around the edges with Old Paper. (sorry the pic below is blurry)

I stamped the handbag from the Bags Of Style Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Golden Mint Lustre Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fleur De Lys Rectangles and inked through the die with Old Paper. I added a 5mm White Pearl to the handbag.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Golden Mint Lustre. I cut it out using Justrite Vintage Labels Four Die and inked through the die with Old Paper.

I made a flower out of White Crochet Ribbon and cut a couple of leaves out using Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Cosmic Pearl Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

I'll be at Percy Throwers Garden Centre today demoing - from about 11am till 4pm. Pop by if you're in the area. Don't forget to tune into Sue's shows today - if there's anything left!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

26 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    What a very beautiful card this effect is stunning and the card is no doubt really beautiful to view up close and personal. I love it. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    thank you alovely subtle card so pretty thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I like this card, you do get out and about Julie don't you? It's all good, clean fun......apart from your fingers lol Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a great card hope you have fun today thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, not sure what the colour is like in real life but it looks beautiful and subtle on screen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Love the handbag in golden mint. Enjoy your demos today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia
    Love the tone on tone with a hint of green. The background looks amazing, when creating these backgrounds I think you just have to be brave and trust that it comes together in the end.
    Have a great day demoing.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I hope your demos go well today and that you get a good rest when you get home. Enjoy your day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, Love, love, love, this card, the colours are so elegant, and could easily be used for a Wedding or Anniversary card, I love it !!
    I passed by Percy Throwers yesterday, we went to Ludlow, I would have loved to see you demo'ing. Have a good day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia. This card shines in the first photo from the gilding wax. Sue showed so e of you card yesterday and can't wait to see those on your blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, I love this card, the colours are so fresh. Have good day with your demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft colourway of this card, really beautiful and could be used for many occasions. Thank you
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real favourite with me Julia, I love these soft colours, it's beautiful

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,

    Stunning card, just love the colour of this looks like sage green but you said it was old paper wow! Loving the mint green embossing powder to another to my wish list lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours on this card xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Julia. Love the delicate colours.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete

  17. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful soft colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the card Julia saw some of your lovely cards on Sue's programs they were beautiful love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia, lovely card, do like it in this colour. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,

    Really, really love this card. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia, A gorgeous card, love the subtle colours and the background is amazing. Have a good day demoing.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    As always a lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, love the card and the handbag stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, I remember your demo and love the soft colours. Lovely card.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, yet another beautiful card , I love the colours in this one you are sooooooo talented thank you for sharing Hugs May xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Julia -I saw the demo and the colours are lovely. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!