Monday 29 July 2013

Friends are Lifetime Treasures

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card - no 'I don't like green' comments allowed!

For the background, I started by dusting some Coconut White Card with my anti static bag. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Postcards A6 Background using Black Perfect Medium. I added Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Black Aurora Embossing Powder and heat set. I then inked through the Floral Vines Mask using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, moving the mask around the card so the whole area was covered. With the stamp in my hand, I added the Rose Corner using Peeled Paint.

I stamped the Tatty Button Pony Pal using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Umber, Marigold & Dark Spice from the Autumn Shades Set, Soft Moss from the Garden Twist Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Classic Squares Large and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I cut a Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge out of green card and threaded some Moss Green Vintage Ribbon through it. I tied a bow using 3 lengths of the ribbon, spritzed it with water and dried it with my heat tool, scrunching it up as I did so. I added a Heart Dazzler.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and inked through the die with Peeled Paint.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer PVA in Vintage Golden Green around the edges.

I'll be back tomorrow with a card from the Heartfelt Show (hopefully - got to make some yet!).

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julia, your backgrounds are so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    a very busy card supper Ilove green thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, really like this card, the green suits the Tatty image. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    You could have called this Camouflage tatty - the background is amazing.
    Good luck with the prep at least its not hot so staying in will not be so hard.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I love this card, the background is stunning, as your backgrounds always are, also love the image, it took me a while to make out that tatty was petting a pony - it is early morning though ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  6. Morning Julia,

    Really love the colour of this card. So young and fresh.

    The overall effect is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love green ! Amazing card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Great card. Like Patricia Howarth I had to look twice before seeing the horse! I do wish I could tie bows like you, mine never look so good...I will keep on practising! Hope you get on well making the samples for tomorrows show. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia I like green but think maybe this is a little too dark for my liking, great card though xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, read all your descriptions but I can't
    get any pictures up this morning for some reason
    on Sue's blog too so I will try later again to see
    and will look carefully for the horse.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again, up they popped when I posted my comment love it
    I'm not a lover of green but this fits the bill would be great
    for any family in the forces and yes noticed horse right away.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia

    I was so busy admiring the green background and Tatty, I completely missed the horse. This would be lovely for my daughter as she has two.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, well this is a different card today, great for a young girl who loves horses. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    I like green but maybe there's a bit too much on this card, i do love the background and the layout.Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, lovely card Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    No complaints about the green colours from me, your card is stunning. Love the background you have created. The rose corner die is becoming a favourite of mine. Love the way you have coloured the stamp with the inks I must invest in some when my bank balance recovers from the CHA show buying from c&c should be around the end of September (oops!). Really like the ribbon you have threaded through the die cut and dazzler.

    Best wishes from Katie-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Another lovely card this morning. I'm another green lover (used to hate it when I was young as it was my schooll uniform colour! Yuk! Lol!) Although sometimes if I don't like a particular colour I look at the whole card and think..'Yes it works' These days theere's hardly a colour I don't like. I love the way you show us cards in so many different colours.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE GREEN JULIA, this card is beautiful and different. I adore the background too and the use of the ribbon - beautiful!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sentiment Julia, but it took me ages to work out that there was a horse in the design! LOL. Must be my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia this is a lovely card that any little girl who likes horses would love,any big girl as well!! I love your backgrounds and I'm getting better at doing them with each go, I love the green colours you have used and I agree with baconbits that it looks like camouflage. Looking forward to your show tomorrow hope you manage to get some cards made. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Julia - perfect for my horse loving daughter. The background is so effective - love it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia lovely card and i love the green,the background is fab.,
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, A lovely bright card, I do love the green and the background is so effective, still practicing to be as good as you.
    Looking forward to the show tomorrow, good luck with the prep work.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great background as always, very pretty

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia I love green although I do have to be careful who I make cards for in the colour. I love this card and I am going to try the effect but I don't for one minute think that I will get it anywhere near as good as yours but here goes!! Good luck tomorrow I will be watching x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I love green! Great card for a horse lover.

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the background Julia but unfortunately Tatty Button is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol Julia! Love green and Tatty Button- super card! Carole Z. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!