Saturday 10 November 2012

Inspire

Hi Bloggers.

Another blue card today. I really like the Adirondack Aqua Dye Ink Pad.

For the background, I popped a piece of coconut white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Annalee Embossing Folder. The card was just a little wider than the folder. I inked around the edges with the Aqua ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut a border from white card using the Spellbinders Octagon Strips and Accents die set (I just used the backing die and not the Cut, Fold & Tuck insert). At the emboss stage, I added the Small Polka Dots Mask. I then inked through the die with the Aqua ink.

I cut the dressmakers dummy from the French Frills die set twice - once out of white card and once out of Foundations paper. I inked through the die with Aqua on both of them. I used the stand cut from white card and the bodice cut from Foundations Paper for this card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Thoughtful Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Labels 28 and inked through the die with Aqua.

I cut 6 of the 3rd size up of the Exquisite Circles dies - 3 from one side of double-sided Foundations Paper and 3 from the other side of the paper. I lined them up on my craft sheet and spritzed them with water. I then scrunched each one up and then unfolded them all. I stacked them on top of each other alternating the light shade with the darker shade die cut. I put a brad through the centre and then starting with the top layer, scrunched each layer up towards the centre. When I had finished, I pulled them apart slightly and then put it aside to dry. Once dry, they're pretty solid. I cut a couple of leaves from the Foundations Paper using the Botanical Swirls & Accents die set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Swirls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia...Love this card. i also love the Adirondack Aqua, must add this to my list..The flower is gorgeous, will have to have a play later...

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie..x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, a lovely card today, so soft looking. Elegant too.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia what a lovely card can not wait to try this card when i get my spellbinder dies thankyou Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia,
    I love the colors in this card, what a wonderful,way to begin the weekend with such a pretty jazzy card. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,

    Such a pretty soft coloured card. Love every bit . X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Love aqua. Most of my tops have some shade of blue in them. Really lovely card, so much work has gone into it and the flower is delicious.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A truly gorgeous card, I love the aqua colour, it is so pretty, I love how you have used the dies and masks, and the flower, who would believe that flower had been made from 6 circles, it is absolutely gorgeous, I will have to give that a try.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia, another fabulous card, and the good kind of "blue", making people smile. Love the aqua, need to think about getting some more adirondack ink pads, some of the colours are really fab. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty girly card loving the aqua colour makes a change.
    Like the way you have made your flower will have a go at this.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, such a pretty card, I really love the soft colours and your flower, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty colours Julia and I love the flower

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia

    This is lovely. I really like that embossing folder the strips of embossing really make the topper stand out

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing card, love it
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, A lovely card, really pretty colours and the flower is gorgeous, you are so talented thank you for the inspiration.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, A lovely pretty card today, love the layout and colours. Enjoy your weekend. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi julia this is a soft pretty card and yes the aqua is a lovely colour.I haven't got any of the adirondacks so I think I might just have to start my collection with this and the caramel colour you used as well!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia nice subtle blue colour too and i love blue xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card I love the blue touch, it looks so crisp. So pleased it will not be too long before we see you again on C & C, I do so enjoy your shows.
    Kind regards
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very pretty card Julia, I love the colours an the flower. I have tried this method a couple of times and have been pleased with the result, so thanks for the inspiration yet again. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Julia, a really lovely card and great colours am busy doing Christmas cards at the moment but will be keeping this in mind
    for future use thanks again for all the inspiration.nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,

    Another lovely card in very pretty, cool and crisp colours.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very pretty! Love the subtle use of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    I too love the Aqua ink pad and I love this card.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the scrunched up flower and the colour scheme is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!