Thursday 18 October 2012

You're Awsome

Hi Bloggers.

Something a bit different today. I think that teenage boys are probably the most difficult demographic to make cards for unless they're in to football. Sue's Rubbernecker brand at Creative Expressions has just released 2 new stamp sets with Skateboarders featuring on them (they'll be on my shows on Monday). My son, Nathan, is 16 and he loves skateboarding - perfect for him!

Here's my first offering from the Skateboard Silhouettes Stamp Set -

The background is one of my random fun backgrounds.I randomly stamped the Newsprint stamp using Jet Black Archival, the Chicken Wire stamp using Pumice Stone Distress Ink and the large background from the Skateboard Silhouettes Stamp Set using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I then edged the whole thing with Pumice Stone using Cut n Dry Foam.

On a separate piece of card, I stamped the Chicken Wire Stamp a couple of times lengthways using Pumice Stone. I then stamped the 3 silhouette images from the stamp set using Jet Black Archival. I trimmed the piece, edged it with Pumice Stone and matted it on to black card.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders Matting Basics B and edged it with Pumice Stone once out of the die. I cut a mat out of black card using Matting Basics A.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Faux Screw Brad in Antique Silver in each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, I'm early today as I'm off to a Craft Show in Leeds ha ha.
    I absolutely love, love, love this card. I love how you have combined the two stamps on the background, and the colours complement each other beautifully. I love the focal point stamps, ideal for a boy birthday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    What a cute card for a young guy.. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning,

    Good job, just great for guys.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julia what a fab card, these stamps would be just right for our grandson. Will check out the shows, and seem if I can sneak them into my basket. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful lads card Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia,
    What a fab card, Love the background again, really useful stamps, definitely great for the teenage boys which it is so hard to find a card for. Great work.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle (happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO Julia this card is great. I must get this new stamp as my
    friends son was tragically killed in January and he was so into skateboarding. she has set up a charity in his memory for which i can make these cards and raise money to build his skate park. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    What a fun card for the lads, I do like your backgrounds.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, great card. really difficult to do cards for teens. Looking forward to seeing/buying them on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Great card. Full of movement. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, absolutely fabulous card, love the stamps, very unusual and whats needed, love your background. My niece is big into skateboarding so can make a great card for her in more girly colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia

    Fabulous card you always make wonderful male cards

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. abasolutely fab card - great one for teenage boys! Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card for teens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Great card for the boys, the bsckground is fabulous, Will be watching/buying Monday.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you are so right Julia, I have five great nephews and never know what to make for them so these dies would definitely fit the bill. Your design and colouring if fab. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice to see something for boys especially teenagers.lovely card Julia.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi julia what a wonderful card for young boys and I'm so glad you are showing them on monday as I actually bought both sets at ally pally!! So some inspiration would be great,especially as you do male cards really well thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi julia what a wonderful card for young boys and I'm so glad you are showing them on monday as I actually bought both sets at ally pally!! So some inspiration would be great,especially as you do male cards really well thanks love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia, I love this card, absolutely fab x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A brilliant card for the boys Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. good for boys but not girlie enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, yes a teenage card. Love the chicken wire effect.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fab teenage card and I really love the background! I am looking forward to your shows next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This would be great for young boys/teenagers! Really love this card Julia.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!