Saturday 7 July 2012

Black and White demo card from yesterday's shows

Hi Bloggers.

Many thanks for your support yesterday and to those of you who emailed in to the studio. Today's card is a demo card from the 7pm show. I wanted to try and show that the image can be in the background and the sentiment the focal piece.


I started with a square piece of Coconut White card. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Wrinkles Don't Hurt Stamp set randomly using Jet Black Archival. I then popped the piece into the Couture Creations Radiant Embossing Folder and ran it through the Grand Calibur. I put it through a second time to extend the pattern. I then inked all over with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut a frame out of black card using 2 dies from Spellbinders Labels Three die set. At the emboss stage I added the Creative Expressions Bark Embossing Folder.


I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Blue White American Seam Binding, spritzed it with water, scrunched it up and dried it with the heat gun. I made a flower out of black card using the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder (see how in this tutorial).


I finished the card off by adding some Creative Expressions Black Rhinestone Swirls and some faux stitching round the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

13 comments:

  1. Loved this when I saw it on the show. The idea of using the image as the background and sentiment as the focal point gave me loads of ideas! Too many ideas just not enough time! I was so lucky to win a card on the 1 pm show can't wait for it to arrive! Loved the shows! Have a nice crafty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shows yesterday Julia.
    This is such a pretty card, I have the floral embossing folder and have made the flowers after watching your tutorial last month which was so easy to follow and they turned out really well, so thank you for showing us how.

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, really enjoyed the shows. loved the idea of this card, so may try it. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card julia i love the sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, fab card and i love using stamps this way, and have found some stamps work better than others. I love the black and white, just a great card. Yippee i got my Ethel stamps y/day.
    I hope you have a great weekend.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So enjoyed the shows as usual. Fabulous card this! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, great card haven't watched this show yet
    have it recorded though, watched your earlier show you were great as usual.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, saw you demo this one and thought what a great idea stamping the image as the background, will have to try this when time allows! A brilliant card! Didn't catch the 1pm show but have it recorded so will be watching asap.
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia - loved yesterday's shows and the demos were great. This card was a particular favourite of mine so I'm really pleased to see it on your blog today. I recorded both shows so I can watch them again later - I think I will be making a version of the above creation very soon!!!

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super shows yesterday Julia...love this card! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the monochrome colour scheme, the embossing and the rose (of course). Lovely work. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, love black and white theme. Watched your shows yesterday and saw this card as a demo and loved it. Did you have a lie in this morning, logged in at 0615 and no Saturday card then forgot to come back until now.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger was playing up for me this morning and post didn't get posted as scheduled - sorry. Julia.

      Delete

Only positive comments please!