Saturday 7 April 2012

Shrink Plastic Shoes

Hi Bloggers.

Couldn't resist sharing this card with you today. It's one of the samples I'm made for my next show on Create & Craft. It's black & white which I love as it means I don't have to do any colouring!


I sanded some white shrink plastic and stamped the three shoes from the Creative Expressions Steampunk Shoes Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I actually put it aside to dry so I could do something else.

For the background I inked through the Metal Effect Mask with Black Soot Distress Ink using Cut & Dry Foam. As Distress Ink stays wet for a while I was able to sprinkle some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder over the top and heat set it. I did re-apply the ink and the embossing powder to create more of a tile effect. I then edged the whole piece with a little Black Soot.


I cut 2 pieces of white using the Spellbinders Labels One Small and 1 piece from black. Each time, at the emboss stage, I added the Woodgrain Mask. Remember to keep the cutting edge of the die away from the mask.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Tags and inked with Black Soot while still in the die.

I carefully cut out my shoes from the shrink plastic leaving a small white border all around the edge. I also made sure that I didn't go far up the heel as experience tells me that little thin bits can be a problem. I used my heat gun on a low setting to shrink the shoes and flattened each one with an acrylic block.

I assembled the card as shown and added a Black Glass Glintz in each corner.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Great card I have not tried shrink plastic I have got some a couple of years ago saying I would used it but may get it out now .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, only just got my grand calibur so hope to start making cards very soon. Just hope they turn out ok
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!