Friday 20 April 2012

Change

Hi Bloggers,

Just to let you know - the show times on Tuesday have been changed. I'm now on at 11am and 5pm.

Today I'm sharing another card made with the Creative Expressions Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set.


For the background, I added some Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge and Tea Dye Distress Ink using Cut & Dry Foam. I then 'stamped' with the Rusty Hinge pad directly on to the card for a more intense colour and pattern. Distress Ink stays wet for a while so I was able to dust the whole area with Pale Gold Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics Mica Spray Set. Next I used the coil stamp from the same stamp set and stamped onto the backbround with Perfect Medium. The ink removed the mica where it had been stamped. It's important to clean and dry the stamp between each use. I continued to stamp the coil randomly over the background. The Perfect Medium is a 'sticky' ink so after I had finished stamping I added some Red Bronze to the coils. You'll find this technique on Sue Wilson's DVD.

I stamped the main image onto some ivory card using Sepia Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the largest of the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles. I inked with Rusty Hinge while still in the die. I added an Idea-ology Sprocket Gear and Game Spinner to the handbag image.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using the Sepia Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using the Spellbinders Curved Rectangles and inked with Rusty Hinge while still in the die.

I cut various leaves from the Spellbinders Foliage Die Set and Spellbinders Damask Accents. I made a couple of roses from Cotton Hemp Ribbon. I dyed 2 Creative Expressions White Pearl Decorative Stick Pins with Latte Alcohol Ink.


I assembled the card as shown - hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful card .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background technique Julia. Need to try that as I've got a real thing about mica at the moment. The gold looks so opulent, and I love your handbag embelishment.
    Thanks for sharing, hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!