Thursday 16 February 2012

Peachy!

Hi Bloggers.

I'm back again with another card from the shows last week - hope you're not fed up of them as there are a few more to go yet!


I stamped the image from the Art Nouveau Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut away the background from the image and went all around the edges with a black promarker to hide any white bits left from my cutting out.

I coloured the image in using Eco Green Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pads - Walnut for the hair, Parchment for the skin and Peach Satin for the hat and her strap.

I stamped the crackle background from the Texture Stamp set using the Walnut Ink Pad and embossed it with clear powder. I cut the background out using Spellbinders Labels Eight and inked around the edges with the Peach Satin Ink while still in the die.

I cut some leaves out of ivory card using the Spellbinders Foliage Die Set and inked with the Peach Satin while still in the die.

I stamped a piece of Foundations patterned paper with the script stamp from the Texture stamp set using the Black Eco Green Dye Ink Pad. I then popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder. I cut out 8 of the flowers and used them to make 2 flowers (I showed how to do this on the 10am show).

For the background I used a script sheet from the Foundations paper pack. I mounted that onto some ivory card and wrapped some Vintage Ribbon in Toffee Beige around the bottom. I tied a bow with three lengths of the ribbon and added to the ribbon on the card. I tied some peach Baker's Twine from the Pastel Pack through a Creative Expressions Wooden Button and added that to my bow with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I assembled the card as shown and added some brads in the top right-hand corner.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

Only positive comments please!