Saturday 25 February 2012

Of Corsets Your Birthday!

Hi Bloggers,

I have the date for my next shows on Create & Craft. They're on Thursday 8th March at 11am, 1pm and 6pm. Two of the shows are to be Spellbinders shows and the other will be a stamping show. These times are subject to change. I'll keep you updated.

Today's card is from the new Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set which is from Sue Wilson's design team. I love this stamp set - the detail on the corsets is amazing.

Anyway here's the card -


For the background, I stamped a small pattern stamp and a phrase from the stamp set randomly all over a piece of white card with Jet Black Archival. I then passed it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I lined the pattern up and passed it through a second time as the card was bigger than the folder. I then went over the card with Black Soot Distress Ink and Cut & Dry Foam.

I stamped the corset using Jet Black Archival and embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out and them went around the edges with a black promarker to hide any white bits. I then put some Hi-Tack Tape on the back around the bottom of the image. I then ruffled some black Vintage Ribbon along it.

I cut a Spellbinders Lacy Ovals out of white card and inked the inside with Black Soot Distress Ink while still in the die.

I stamped the sentiment which is from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Two and inked around the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink while still ink the die.

I cut some leaves out of white and black card using the Spellbinders Foliage Die Set. I inked through the die with Black Soot on the white leaves.

I made a rose out of Black Vintage Ribbon (you can see how to do this on Sue Wilson's Blog.

I assembled the card as shown and added some faux stitching with a white Inkssentials Pen.

I hope you like this card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS card Julia... love the monochrome look and the sentiment.. made me smile big! Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!