Sunday 19 February 2012

Many ways to use Mica on One Card

Hi Bloggers,

This was one of the demo cards from the last show on Create & Craft on 7th Feb.


I stamped the image from the Art Nouveau Ladies Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed it using Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Metallic Embossing Powder which is from the Metallics and Darks Embossing Powder Set that was on the show.

I used the mica powders to colour the image by taking a little from the pot with a damp brush and adding some water. I used Red Bronze and Copper from the Metallics set, Pink Ultra and Golden Pear from the Garden Flora set.

I mounted the image onto black then copper card which was cut using the largest of the Spellbinders Eyelet Squares. I offset them slightly to form a shadow (Sue Wilson tip!).

For the background I dusted a piece of black card with my anti static pad and then stamped the feather from the Beautiful Ladies Stamp Set randomly all over with Perfect Medium. I then dusted the images with Copper Mica Powder using the brush that you get with the pack.

I added some Pink Ultra Mica Powder to the spray bottle that you get with the kit and added some water - you do not need to fill with powder to the line marked on the bottle or fill with water to the other line. Just use a little powder and add a little water. Try it and adjust the amount of mica powder or water as required. I shook the bottle to mix the powder and water and then spritzed some onto my background. You can leave it to dry or if you're impatient like me you can dry it with your heat tool.

I assembled the card as shown - the little copper dots are from the waste from the Eyelet Squares.

Hope you like the card.

I'm at the Trade Show at the NEC on the Creative Expressions Stand today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Pop by and say 'Hi' if you're going.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!