Thursday 9 February 2012

Cameo in Blue

Hi Bloggers,

Here's another card from the show on Tuesday -


I love the way the background turned out on this one plus the image from the stamp set works beautifully as a cameo.

For the background - I swiped some Eco Green Paris Trunk Dye Ink in Fountain Blue over my craft sheet and spritzed some water on it. I then dragged a piece of white card though it. I dried it with a heat gun and then collected from splats of colour from the craft sheet and dried it again. I continued until no ink left. I repeated this process with the Paris Trunk Classic Cobalt Ink Pad.

Next I stamped a sentiment from the Creative Expressions Simply Sentiments stamp set all over the background with the Classic Cobalt Ink Pad. I then spritzed a bit of Cosmic Shimmer Mister in Ocean Sunlight lightly over the whole thing.

I made sure the background was completely dry and then dusted it with my anti static pad. I inked all over the Ivy Background Mask with Perfect Medium.

I popped the background face down onto the inked side of the mask and secured with a little masking tape. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur. The ink transferred in the debossed pattern onto my background. I then dusted over with Golden Malachite from the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set Garden Tones. I removed any excess powder is a very dry baby wipe.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Art Nouveau Ladies stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder.

I cut the background away from the lady and went around the edge with a black promarker to hide any white bits. I coloured the lady in with Paris Trunk Dye ink Pads - Black for the hair, Parchment for the skin and Fountain Blue mixed with a little Golden Malachite Mica Powder for the hat. I mounted her onto a mat cut with Spellbinder Labels Twenty and made a faux nestie from gold card.

I assembled the card as shown and added a Blue Eco Green Glass Glintz in each corner.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!