Saturday 7 January 2012

Things Both Modern and Ancient

Hi Bloggers,

Hope you can join me later on today on Create & Craft for my shows featuring Sam Poole's Vintage Inventor series of stamps. Details in the left-hand side bar.

Today I'm sharing one of the cards I'll hopefully be demonstrating on the first show at 12 noon.


First I dragged my Barn Door Distress Ink Pad over one side of the inside of the Creative Expressions Brick Embossing Folder. I then popped a piece of white card onto the clean side of the folder and carefully folded the inked side on top of it. I used my brayer over the top of the folder to help with the transfer of ink to my card. N.B. I did not run the folder through an embossing machine.

I carefully removed my card from the folder and added some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it. I tore around the edges of the edges of the brick background.

I popped the brick background through my Grand Calibur with the That Special Touch Cogs Mask. I inked over the background using Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad and Cut & Dry Foam. I added some splats using Faded Jeans Distress Stain.

I tore a slightly larger piece of white card and inked it with Barn Door Distress Ink and Cut & Dry Foam.

On the white background card I stamped several small images from the Vintage Inventor series using Barn Door, Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood Distress Ink.

I inked a piece of card with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and stamped Mr. Inventor using Jet Black Archival. I cut him out leaving a slight border around the edge.

I dyed some American Seam Binding with Barn Door Distress Ink. When dry I tied a small bow with 2 lengths of the ribbon and added it to Mr. Inventor using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I stamped the light bulb from the Vintage Treasures stamp set onto white card and inked with Barn Door Distress Ink. I cut it out and then added Glossy Accents to the bulb area and put aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment from the Vintage Inventor stamp set in Jet Black Archival and cut it our using Spellbinders Labels Two. I inked around the edges with Barn Door while still in the die.

The card was assembled as shown.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges -
Make It Monday
CES Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

5 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant card. Have a great time with the shows today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun and such a beautiful design and added detail! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CES this week...good luck :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous Julia, love the colours. Thanks for taking part in this weeks "Anything Goes" at the CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Julia,love the brick wall, very clever.
    Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our anything goes challenge; hope to see you in our next challenge:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!