Saturday 14 January 2012

Simple Card with Artist Spackle Background

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing this card which again features Artist Spackle in the background -


The background for this card was made by popping some Artist Spackle onto a spare piece of Craft Sheet. I then added a few drops of Vintage Photo Distress Re-Inker. You could use Vintage Photo Distress Stain instead though the result may be a little lighter or you could compensate by adding quite a lot of the stain to the spackle.

Once happy with my spackle colour, I placed the That Special Touch Metal Effect Mask onto some white card and I spread my spackle over the whole area. I scraped off any excess with a squeege tool. I removed the mask and set aside to dry. I cleaned my tools and my mask with some warm soapy water. It's easy to clean the spackle off when it's wet but it's permanent when dry.

I stamped the Steam Engine Sketch from the Vintage Treasures stamp set onto some white card with Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I then went over the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad and Cut & Dry Foam. I distressed the edges of the card with my scissors and then re-applied the Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I repeated this process for the sentiment which is on the same stamp set.

Once the Artist Spackle background was dry I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Cut & Dry Foam.

I made a mat for the background by inking up the edges of a piece of white card with Vintage Photo, distressing it with my scissors and going back over it again with the ink.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brads in Antique Gold in each corner.

Hope you like the card.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges -
Polka Doodles - Vintage/Retro
Make It Monday #71

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

4 comments:

  1. that looks really effective, a great vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM; the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
    Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the show, I'll definitely be getting some artist spackle :) I won the Mr. Inventor set a few months ago & have to say I love it now that I've finally started using it. Keep up the good work & thanks for the great ideas.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles chalenge.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!