Sunday 22 January 2012

Blue Steampunk

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card which was a backup demo card for the Vintage Inventor shows but wasn't needed. It seemed a shame not to make it up and share it so here it is -


The layout and techniques for this card are almost the same as for Thingamajig posted earlier this month.

Here's the details for this one - For my main background I ran some white card through the Grand Calibur with the That Special Touch Cogs Mask. I increased the size of the background by running though a second time making sure that the area that was already embossed remained outside of the plates. I then added some Faded Jeans Distress Ink with some Cut & Dry Foam. Using the Faded Jeans Distress Stain I splatted in the centre of some of the cogs.

I inked through the That Special Touch Metal Effect Mask with Faded Jeans Distress Ink onto a piece of white card.

I stamped the Steam Train Drawing from the Vintage Treasures Stamp Set with Jet Black Archival and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the background with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I stamped the coloured the sentiment in the same way.

I assembled the card as shown and added some Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brads in Antique Silver.

Hope you like this variation.

I'm sharing this with Make It Monday #72

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. fab card Julia... love how you made the embossed bit bigger... never think to do that lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!