Tuesday 20 December 2011

Vintage Inventor back at Sketch Saturday

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing one of the samples that I've made for my Vintage Inventor shows on January 5th.


I stamped Mr. Inventor (Creative Expressions Vintage Inventor Stamp Set) onto some white card using Jet Black Archival Ink and cut him out leaving a thin white border. I stamped the Creative Expressions Scattered Words stamp onto white card with the Jet Black Archival and cut it out using an oval nestie. I inked around the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Ink while still in the die. I cut a faux nestie out in black card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Vintage Illusion stamp set again in Jet Black archival. I hadn't got quite the right size of oval nestie for this so I drew around the nearest size and cut it out. I inked around the edges with Weathered Wood. I cut a black mat out using an oval nestie.

I stamped the cogs (from Vintage Illusion) using Jet Black Archival and embossed them with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and cut them out. I added a Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brad in Antique Silver to each one.

The background paper is Craft Creations. I stamped 'STEAMPUNK' from the Vintage Illusion set in Black Soot Distress Ink all over it to add a bit of interest.

For the black background panel I embossed some black card using the That Special Touch Cogs Mask and sanded it a little (Colorcore card would work really well here but I didn't have any).

For the grey background panel I simply inked through the That Special Touch Metal Effect Mask with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I assembled the card as shown adding some black ric-rac ribbon and some faux stitching.

Hope you like it.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges -
Sketch Saturday - Week 186
Sparkles Forum Challenge - Anything But A Christmas Card
Make It Monday #68

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!

    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles for our "Anything but a Christmas card" Challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love the image and monochrome look. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Lots of detailed work on this fabulous creation .Love the image
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your card on MIM, what a fabulous creation! Love the monochrome colour palette and the sentiment is just great ;). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - so refreshing to see monochrome sometimes and I love all the details you've included. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is different! Love this card :(

    Visiting from Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and simple idea! I love it! Coming to visit through Make it Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I like this monotone card, very stylish. Thanks so much for playing at Sketch Saturday this week. Have a wonderful Christmas and Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!