Friday 9 December 2011

Alcohol Inks and Snowman Card from Tuesday's Show

Hi Bloggers,

Today I thought I'd share the card that I demonstrated on the first show on Create & Craft on Tuesday.


This is my sample card and I think the demo card had the blue and purple layers reversed.

To create the background for the snowman and the larger background I put spots of Pool (it was Cloudy Blue in the demo), Stonewashed and Eggplant (it was Plum in the demo) Adirondack Alcohol Inks on a craft sheet and added a little Pearl Mixative. I then swirled a piece of glossy cardstock into the inks. I added more ink to the craftsheet and swirled again to fill in any gaps. I then poped some Silver Mixative onto the corner of my craft sheet and used the ink to stamp the crackle stamp randomly over my background. I blasted it with the heat gun to make sure it was dry.

I brushed the surface of the background with my Anti-Static Pad and then stamped the Tatty Button Snowman stamp in Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder.

I coloured the image with Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I added 2-3 coats in each area making sure it was dry in between each coat.

The image was cut out using a Spellbinders Labels 23 die and I made a faux mat out of purple card in this case.

The circle accent is cut from a Spellbinders Teardrop Circles die and the snowflakes are from Spellbinders Create-A-Flake.

The card was assembled as shown and I did a little paper piercing with my Tim Holtz Ruler and a piercing tool all around the outside.

I'm sharing this card with Make It Monday.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Julia this is stunning .Love the papers and the image .Love the background on which you stamped the snowman .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!