Thursday 27 October 2011

Vintage Christmas Button Tree

Hi Bloggers.

Today I have a card made with the Creative Expressions Tatty Button Tree stamp. I wanted to put real buttons on the tree but only had a good supply of brown ones so that's why I've used these colours. I quite like the way it turned out.


I'm entering this card into the IC Sketches Challenge this week.

I stamped the Tatty Button Tree in Coffee Archival ink and quickly embossed it with clear powder. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Labels Eight and inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink while still in the die. I used a little of the Vintage Photo to paint the pot the tree is in. I added some brown buttons securing them with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

The border at the top was made using just the top section of the tree stamped with Vintage photo. I tore the edges and coloured using Antique Linen Distress Ink and some Cut & Dry Foam and then some more Vintage Photo just along the torn edges.

I coloured some netted ribbon with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.

The background card was stamped with the snowflake from the Creative Expressions Christmas Swirl stamp set in Perfect Medium and embossed with clear powder. I also added some stars from the Sam Poole's Stylish Christmas set but left those as a watermark instead of embossing.

The ribbon was made from some American Seam Binding and inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I love its tatty look.

The sentiment is from the Christmas Swirl set and it was stamped in Coffee Archival and them embossed. I cut it using Spellbinders Doubled Ended Tags die and inked using Vintage Photo while still in the die.


The card was assembled onto an 8" x 8" Craftwork Cards card blank as per the sketch. I used Pinflair Glue Gel to raise the image and the sentiment. Finally, I added some faux pearls using Cosmic Shimmer White Pearl PVA all around the edge of the card and a couple of Creative Expressions White Pearl Stick Pins into the bow.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.
Julia

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you for playing at ICS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card - great colour tones. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card is absolutely gorgeous, such a lot of work has gone into making it, well worth the time and effort.
    Good luck in the challenge.
    Diane (Guest Designer, ICS)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons are a great idea. The card looks fabulous. Thank you for taking part in the ICS challenge. Good luck in the draw :)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!