Monday 12 September 2011

Lemon Juice

Hiya,

Sorry I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks - I've been bogged down with accounts (hate them!) and I've been on a couple of University visits with my daughter (great fun).

Today I want to share another card made with Sam Poole's fab Vintage Inventor stamp set. Here it is :



I found a technique in a recent issue of Craft Stamper that used lemon juice and I used it on this card.

The base card was coloured with Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky Distress Ink. As you can see, one of the sides is torn and highlighted with the ink. Some water was used to make some splatters. I put some lemon juice in a mini mister and randomly misted. I took the end off the mister to splatter some bigger drops. I then dried it with a heat gun. It takes a while to dry. At first it doesn't look like it's done anything - be patient, the longer you heat it the darker the lemon juice becomes. Oh, and be warned - it's a bit smelly!

I also used lemon juice on the red and blue card layers to grunge them up a bit.

I stamped some images directly onto the background using Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Barn Door. The light bulb is stamped on to red card. I coloured some scrap card with Stormy Sky and stamped the Inventor chappy and the sentiment and then cut them out. I split the sentiment up into 4 separate lines. I think it looks good like that.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit.

That's all for now.
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!